Thirteen

Harry's POV:

The next morning, I was fucking exhausted. Literally, I could barely keep my eyes open. See, last night Louis and I thought that we had finished all aspects of the project. Really, we thought we did. So, when our roommates started arriving, I quickly sneaked out of Louis' room and went up to mine. Then we proceeded to text each other about the project.

Since, everyone got home late, they had either already eaten or didn't want to eat. That worked for Louis and I, because we had taken a quick break earlier to get some food. We didn't have enough time to spare to actually cook, so we ended up eating leftovers straight from the box. Typical university life, right?

Anyway, later that night, when everybody else had retreated into their rooms, I got a string of frustrated, panicked texts from Louis. Basically, he was letting me know that he was an idiot (which I already knew, but okay) and that he hadn't seen noticed the second part of the project in the project guidelines. So, he just sent a last text to let me know that he would be pulling an all-nighter to finish the project. Of course, I'm a fucking sap and I couldn't really let him do the whole thing by himself.

So, I slowly padded my way to his room. Of course, I went down to the kitchen first to make a full thermos of coffee. Honestly, it's such a blessing that I can do stuff without making noise. The skill comes real handy in situations like this. I do not need Alaska or any of the others coming downstairs and asking me why I need so much coffee. 

Zayn and Liam, who have rooms on the first floor along with Louis, are thankfully deep sleepers. It just works out so well, really. Anyway, I went ahead to carry the jumbo-sized thermos of coffee, two cups and as many bag of chips and cookies I could find up to Louis' room. Louis, my stupidly adorable boyfriend, gaped at me when I walked in, "Uh, what the fuck?"

I put down everything on his desk, "A full-night supply of coffee, chips and cookies." 

I then searched my pockets for a cool metal object. Ah, here it is. Louis' lighter. He smokes when he's stressed, and I have a feeling he'll be needing it to get through this ridiculous project.  I got the box the box of cigarettes from under Louis' bed and put it next to the lighter on the desk, "And cigarettes. Do you need anything else?"

Louis just gaped at me while I set up the whole thing. Apparently, he was rendered speechless. Okay, then. I rolled my eyes at him before getting a pair of sweatpants from his closet and threw it at him, "Come on, change. You can't possibly work all night wearing jeans."

Louis just continued to stare at me. I sighed, "What is it?"

He just shook his head slowly, probably not really knowing what to say. I walked up to him and poked him in the shoulder, "Hello? Do you need to me to help you change your fucking jeans, Lou? I don't mind, but that will most likely lead to sex, so you should probably do it on your own."

That finally got Louis to snap out of his trance or whatever. He laughed and shook his head before burying his face in his hands. I grinned at him, "What? Did I lie?"

He looked up, "No, it's just... I don't know if I should be scared of how well you know me, or if I should be touched."

I sat down next to him, as he finally got to changing out of his jeans, "You know me too."

He looked back at me as he put on his sweatpants, "Of course I do. Have known you for quite a while, haven't I?"

I reached over and kissed his temple, "Yeah. Anyway, the project."

He wrapped his hands around me for a few seconds to give me a hug, before the two of us made ourselves comfortable on his bed, with his laptop between us. We spent the rest of the night working on his project, drinking way too much coffee, and occasionally snacking.