14. The Grangers

"This is never going to work. I've told my mother about you, she knows you hate me and that I hate you. What made you think this would be a good idea?" Hermione asked in a hushed whisper, backing away from her parents' home.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked, pushing Hermione back up to the front of the house. "Look, it's the weekend, you don't have work - I don't have to go in until Monday, this is the only time we're both actually free to stay as long as we want. Besides, my mother is onto us so the more proof we have, the better."

"And you think my parents are going to love you?" Hermione asked with a scoff.

"Of course, I'm charming, parents love me." Draco scoffed as he shook his head. "Look, we'll just stay for a while and then leave. We just need them to know I actually exist and that we're dating so that if anything happens like my mother tracks down your parents and asks about us, they'll say 'Oh, we love Draco.' Do you see what I'm saying?" He asked with a sigh. "Now, ring the doorbell."

"I apparated you here, I'm going to apparate us back." Hermione threatened as she spun around, grabbing his arm and trying to push him off the front step.

"You're going nowhere, Granger. Just wasting your energy," He said, shoving her towards the door. "Ring it,"

Hermione grumbled as she stared at the front door. This wasn't going to work. They'd never believe her. Oh no, what was she going to do? But, she did miss her parents ... "I guess I can just hang out with them while I'm here." She muttered, taking in a deep breath and ringing the doorbell. She heard rustling and footsteps and finally, someone opened the door.

"Yes?" Mrs. Granger opened the door and immediately smiled as she pulled her daughter into a big hug. "Oh, Hermione, dear, what are you doing here?" She asked, pulling away from the hug with a wide grin. "You didn't even tell us you'd be coming, what's going on?"

Hermione smiled at the sight of her mom and let out a content sigh. "Uh, I just missed you guys. And I ... I brought someone special with me." She explained awkwardly. Never had she ever really talked to her parents about any special boys, probably why she never really talked about Ron. "Uhm, h, he's my boyfriend."

Draco finally stepped up from behind Hermione and flashed Mrs. Granger a charming grin as he bowed politely before shaking her hands. "It is so nice to meet you, Mrs. Granger. I've heard so much about you from Hermione, my name is Draco Malfoy." He greeted himself.

Mrs. Granger smiled with delight as she warmly welcomed him. "Oh, Hermione always talked to me about you and how much you two ... it's great to finally put a face to the name, a rather handsome face, at that."

"Oh, no, thank you. It's great to finally meet you, Mrs. Granger, you're even more beautiful than Hermione mentioned. I was surprised to see you in person, I thought you were Hermione's older sister." He complimented in a low whisper as he smiled.

"Oh, you're too sweet. Please, call me Jane." She said, letting him inside. She pulled her daughter aside with a bright smile. "You never told me Draco Malfoy was so handsome and charming, dear." She said with a small chuckle as she walked off into the kitchen. "Walter, dear, look who's graced us with her presence? And she brought a special friend."

"Special friend," Draco said as he looked down at her. "What did I tell you, parents love me." He said with a smug grin.

"Yeah, since you just flatter your way through."

"A little compliment never hurt anyone, Granger." He whispered to her with a smirk.

"Well, my father is not as nice as my mother, especially because I'm his only daughter - he's quite protective. Have fun trying to flatter your way with him." She stated confidently, smirking. He was going to crash and burn. Her father was not going to approve of Malfoy.