Chapter 9

I looked at them as questions flooded into my brain. They started talking and Ethan was trying to push that girl away but she kept nagging him about being late, I couldn't listen to them anymore.

"If you're done, I would like you to move because I forgot to bring noodles" I said, staring at them.

Ethan was about to say something but the girl quickly cut him off.

"Wow. I thought the new trend was for girls to be skinny. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to body shame you or anything I'm just a little confused and impressed cause usually girls try to look skinny in front of my brother to gain his attention which is really stupid because it's not about your body it's about your personality. You know?" she commented and although her words seemed odd they somehow made sense.

I think.

"I totally agree with you, not everything is about your body or face. If you have a bad personality it's not gonna be made up for by a beautiful body or a pretty face. Sure good looks are what get people to notice you but a good personality gets them to stick around. Now if you don't mind, I really need those noodles" I replied, pushing a few strands of hair out of my face.

The girl looked at me and smiled, then pushed Ethan out of the way.

I thanked her and filled my arms with noodle cups and bags. I love noodles. I went to check out and once I payed for everything, I decided to walk home.

Soon the girl and Ethan walked out of the store and both ran to me. They basically spoke at the same time so I couldn't understand what they were saying, but the girl managed to shut Ethan up.

"You seem familiar. Have we met before?" she asked, smiling at me.

Just as she was about to say something else Ethan cut her off.

"She's the famous ballerina I told you about" he replied, his eyes searching my face and only finding a motionless expression staring back at him.

The girl looked shocked and a hint of sadness and remorse crept up to her eyes.

"So she's little Jane?" she said, a sad smile on her face, bringing her head down to stare at her feet.

I was so sick if people saying and doing things that confused me but I didn't have the energy to deal with it so I looked up at the sky and kept quiet.

"It's the blue hour" I whispered more to myself than to others, but that didn't stop them to hearing what I said.

I really love blue hour which is the next 30 minutes or so after sunset. It's extremely short but beautiful.

The blue hour is like being reborn, the transition between day and night, between light and darkness, the warm colors of the sun leave as they are replaced with a majestic blue. This time of the day gives me a lot inspiration, power, determination and calmness.

I started walking away, leaving the two behind.

"You're literally the worst sister ever!" Ethan yelled in a rather childish way that made me chuckle.

"Now she thinks I have a girlfriend! Hell, she might even think it's your sorry ass!" he continued and I didn't need to look back to know he was throwing his hands in the air like a child.

"Well you're the one who's always glued on his Playstation might as well say you guys are dating!" she yelled back.

So she was his sister, huh.

And he was obsessed with his PlayStation, as one is.

Interesting.

I smiled and walked back home, looks like Ethan is only a few blocks away.
--------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of this chapter? Is it moving too fast? If so please tell me!
Also I might not post as much cause I'll have a lot of exams for the next 3 weeks but I'll try to post at least once every two days!
If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes please let me know so I can correct them!

-Alexandra Banger