𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

*

Everyone is now in the canteen, trying to stay safe from all the burned ones

Everyone is now in the canteen, trying to stay safe from all the burned ones. Dowling walks in and with her powers she closes all the big doors of the canteen so no one can enter it.

I walk beside Sky who's dragging Sam into the courtyard. Sams injuries have only been getting worse. I guess my powers are helping the infection to spread through his blood. And it's taking quite a toll on Sam. He's extremely pale and really warm and sweaty.

"Dad!" Terra says running up to her father.

He looks up and when he sees his son his face turns into shock. "Sam!" And he runs up to the table where Sky and i are putting him on now. "I need Zanbaq, now!" And he takes a close look to the wound on Sam his stomach. "There's so much blood. Why didn't you bring him here immediately?"

"Because we were locked in our room dad, remember?" Terra says while standing next to Sam, taking his hand in hers. Professor Harvey looks up at her for a moment before deciding that he has nothing to say.

"I'm sure you're aware, Burned Ones have infiltrated the barrier and the school." Headmistress Dowling speaks up from the front of the courtyard. "For some reason, the magical energy wells which power everything at the school have failed." She says while looking at all of us. "I managed to speak with Queen Luna before they did. She understands the gravity of what's happening here, and the Solarian troops are on their way."

And i look over at Stella who looks a bit uneasy. So i take her hand in mine and give it a short squeeze before letting go again, she looks up in confusion but when she sees that it's me she relaxes and smiles.

"We're barricading all entrances to the courtyard. We're safe for now....." And Dowling sighs deeply. "But we must prepare for the reality. That the burned ones may infiltrate our school before they arrive."

Students around me begin to exchange worried glances with each other. And they start murmuring about it.

"This is what we've been training for the past dew weeks. Be cautious, but be brave. Let magic guide you, and let's show them what it means to be Alfeans. Prepare the barricade." Dowling finishes her speech.

And I must say, she's good at speeches.

All the students go back to what they were doing. Most of them back to talking and other help the fire fairies at the doors.

———

As I'm standing in the courtyard on my own, I can't help but overhear a conversation between two students.

"The solarians won't be here until tomorrow. There's no way he'll make it that long. If these doors don't hold, we're all gonna join him." A boy with brown curly hair says to a girl standing across from him. They were talking about Sam, who's condition is getting worse and worse.