Hard to trust

⚠️ Disclaimer: ⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
"Okay my dear, Dimitri went off to look for Everice, you can stay here and freshen up," Dimitri's mother said kindly as she handed me a t-shirt and shorts along with brand new lingerie, brought out from her own wardrobe.
"Th..thank you.. Mrs Chekhov. I appreciate your kind gesture," I said politely.

"Oh you may call me Shannon, I know I didn't introduce myself earlier, you must've been so  confused. My mate's name is Brett," Dimitri's mother told me.
"Oh I see. I'm sorry, but I don't feel comfortable calling you by your first name...you see, you're older than me, it's only respectful that I call you Mrs Chekhov. Please don't mind," I said, while praying she wouldn't get mad that I opposed her.

"I don't mind at all dear. You respect your elders, that's good," she said with a laugh.
"If you don't mind my asking, what is your relationship to Dimitri? I know he said he'll tell us later, but I'm his mother. I'm worried for him."
At first I hesitated. I wasn't sure how to answer. What should I say to her?

Oh well I was abused all my life by my family and pack members and I found my mate two years ago, but he turned out to be sadistic and cruel. I was an omega who recently got her title of Alpha's daughter restored, but my nasty sister-in-law told my mate my shameful secret and he rejected me.

He spent two years abusing me physically, verbally,  psychologically and emotionally and I ran away after he said he was going to take my virginity. I ran into a bunch of rouges and your son saved me and we found out we were second chance mates. So there you go.

"You fool! Just tell her Dimitri saved you from rouges and you found out he's your second chance mate," Caroline said rolling her eyes.
"What if she asks about Marcus?" I asked frantically.
"Just say that Marcus was your first mate but he rejected you because he thought you were too weak to be his Luna," Caroline replied.

"She'll obviously want to know why he rejected me," I mumbled.
"For Goddess sake! I can't help you when you're always thinking negatively. I'm going to get some rest, when you stop acting like a scared little pup, give me a buzz," Caroline blocked off the mindlink and promptly went to sleep.

"Well, aren't you going to tell me what your connection to Dimitri is?" Mrs Chekhov asked patiently.
I was so caught up in the mindlink I didn't notice Dimitri's mother was still standing there, waiting for me to answer her.
"Oh well...he's my... second chance mate. He saved me from the rouges and brought me here," I said in as calm a voice as I could manage.
"Oh I see. That makes sense," Mrs Chekhov said smiling brightly.

Just then a knock was heard at the door.
"Come in," Mrs Chekhov called.
The door opened and in came Dimitri, Everice and their father.
"She's been in the woods carving her initials in the trees again," Dimitri said rolling his eyes.
"Everice Camille Chekhov, how many times do I have to tell you, no carving of initials on the trees is allowed?" Mrs Chekhov reprimanded sternly.

"Ничего не могу поделать, я этим занимаюсь с детства,"
(I can't help it, I've been doing it since I was a pup)
Everice said in Russian with a pout on her face.
"Это не делает это правильно, Эверис,"
(That doesn't make it right Everice)
her father said gently as he placed a hand on her head.
"Прости папа,"
(I'm sorry Daddy)
she said softly.

"Okay I've given Artemis some of my clothes for the night, I'll ask the servants to prepare something for her to eat," Mrs Chekhov said. "What are you allergic to dear?"
"I'm allergic to nutmeg and cardamom," I replied.
"Okay does Mac and Cheese sound good to you? With chicken nuggets?" Everice asked.
"Sure, I guess I'll have that," I said politely. "Thank you."