6| Practice

Chapter 6: Practice (Caden's POV)

Class ended fifteen minutes ago and now I had gym. Without Venus. Without someone to annoy. 

I'm not quite sure what I tried doing after lunch. Because I did not plan it. But I was thinking about how to get back at her. For what she said to me under the bleachers. And then I realized that she is very easy to fluster. 

She gets pretty shy pretty quickly and she gets shy whenever a guy flirts with or gets close to her. She's never even had a boyfriend, as far as I know. So I took advantage of that and tried flustering her. From the way she ran out of the room, I would say it worked. 

I entered the field, feeling extremely bored. 

Let me explain why our lunch breaks are two hours long. Because we don't take more than four/five subjects and our classes are no longer than an hour, the school day is too short. So to increase that time, they increased our lunch break. I have English, Math, Writing, and then Sports. Or well, gym class. 

No one was in the field yet, so I went behind the bleachers and changed out of my clothes, into a jersey and shorts. And then I sat on the bleachers to kill time. 

When the class walked in, mostly guys and a few girls, then our teacher, Mr. Hamlet, yes, that's really his name. He walked in last. "We're running the mile, start," he said dismissively. 

"We ran the mile on Monday, sir," one of the girls groaned. 

"I'm your teacher and I say you're doing the mile." 

Everyone turned to me. 

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "We're not running the mile, Mr. Hamlet," I said. 

"And why not, Prince Locke?" he asked. 

"Because nobody wants to." I stepped forward, in front of the rest of the class. 

"And since when does the class decide what we do?" He is the biggest dick when it comes to teachers in this school. 

"The class doesn't, that's fine," I nodded. "But I'm telling you, as the prince who can get you fired in a heartbeat," I said slowly, watching his face pale. "That we are not running the mile. So please, either find something else for us to do during this one hour or let us go and call it a free period." 

The class started cheering. 

"Ay!" I snapped turning to everyone. "Shut up! What the hell? I'm not performing something, start warming up," I groaned. 

They all rolled their eyes before starting to warm up. 

"Any bright idea, Mr. Hamlet?" I questioned. 

"There is no lesson plan for today," he sighed. 

"When do you have a lesson plan? You might want to start making them and acting how you're meant to as a teacher. Or you can start finding another job," I shrugged. 

"We have a game coming up against the high school in Azura. If you like, the team can train for that." 

"And the others?" I questioned. 

"They can have soccer training," he shrugged. 

"Very well. It isn't that hard, see?" I turned around and joined the others in warming up and then after a while, we started with class. 

The team, which is never set in stone. People leave when they want, they join when they want. Roman and I have been in it since the beginning. So has Nate and he's the captain. Because he's the only one who tried out for it. So, we all started with practice, and then at the end of class, practice was done. And surprisingly, we covered a lot of ground and prepared quite a bit for the upcoming game.