{ 15 }

LILY POTTER WAS FULL OF SURPRISES.

She came across as sarcastic, and witty, with a rather great sense of humour, but she was so much more, once you got to know her.

She was brave, kind, ambitious, outgoing, creative, all if the above.
She seemed to live in her own land.

She was dreamy, she was creative, she was weird.
But she liked that she wasn't normal. She was confident in herself for that reason.
Back in primary school, Harry was her only friend.

But she was happy about that.
She didn't want to hang around with all the other people, they were rude, unkind, and half of the people in her school were complete and utter bullies.

She walked around with her shirt untucked, her top button undone, her tie loose, her socks uneven, with her multicoloured converse.
Did she care what anyone thought?
No.
She wasn't going to let anyone get to her, or her brother.

She loved to read, back at the Dursley's she had found numerous boxes of books after sneaking her way into the loft. Books such as Alice In Wonderland, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Secret Garden, Little Women and many more, all of which she had read when she had free time.

She also had a love for astrology, and plants. When she was bored, she used to somehow find her way up to the roof of the Dursley's home, and look up at the stars.
Or, she could be found in their garden, examining the plants that were kept in pristine condition by her aunt Petunia.

She loved to look up at the moon, especially when it was full, and simply think about random things, or sometimes nothing at all.

She had always craved adventure, which she had never gotten before the age of eleven. She always wished she could be like Alice; find her White Rabbit, and fall down a Rabbit hole into a magical land.

Or maybe she could walk into a wardrobe and meet a talking lion, and an evil witch.
Maybe she could fight in a real war, protecting the people which she loved, against an evil being.

She didn't believe this could happen. She thought she'd be stuck in that awful world forever - a world where she felt like Rapunzel, trapped in a high castle, never to be seen by the outside world.

But that was all changed the day she met the kind half-giant, Hagrid; or Haggerson as the creative girl liked to call him.
She didn't know why, she just came up with it one day, and stuck with it.

She found that maybe her and Alice were quite alike after all.
She had found this magical land, with this magical school, full of magical people.

Was she dreaming? No, she wasn't.
But it certainly felt like she was.

She owned an owl, which she had named Raven who had taken quite a liking to her.

She had made friends.
Charlie, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Neville, Seamus, Dean, a Hufflepuff fourth-year, Cedric Diggory, a Slytherin, named Alice Parkinson (her sister was a complete pain in the backside), and even Tommy.

Why? She didn't know.
How? She didn't know.

She just knew it happened.
This was her life from now on,
And she wasn't complaining.

Using a price of wood, she could make things float, change their shape, brew glory and even put a stopper to death.

How was this possible?
She had questioned everyday, since she had gotten to Hogwarts, why this happened to Harry and herself, but she
Didn't Know.

•••

The rest of Christmas Day went by smoothly.
Harry and Lily had in fact received gifts from Molly - the Weasley's mother.

Harry's was a dark shade of Navy, with a light cream-coloured H in the middle, while Lily's was a dark shade of Crimson Red, with a dark-blue L in the middle.
It reminded Lily of the friendship she had built with Charlie over her first months of being at Hogwarts.

She had received some cakes from Hagrid, although she had to warm them by the fire, as they were too hard to bite into.

She had received a rather beautiful gift from Charlie, it was a small Dove ornament. The Dove was flying, while carrying a small leaf in its mouth, along with a Daisy Chain.

In return, she had also sent Charlie a Daisy-Chain.
Back in September, the two were soaking up the last days of summer, by the Black Lake.

They had each made Daisy Chains, and the two decided to charm their creations, and make them into bracelets, which would never die. They would always stay healthy.

Lily cracked an enormous happy smile when she received her Daisy Chain.

She had received a gift from Tommy - it was a picture of him. Of course, the arrogant toe-rag. She thought.

She then sent him a letter, thanking him, although calling him a git.

As for Harry, she had given him something from the Dursley's on their last night there.
It was a small polar-bear teddy, one which he had always slept beside.

He thought he had forgotten it, and Lily had made it her plan to give it to him on Christmas.
When he received his present, he had engulfed her in a long, bone-crushing hug.

He had gotten her something simple, yet wholesome.
He had gotten her a book that he had found back in the Dursley's, all about Astrology.
She thanked him more times than he could count, before hugging him.

She had asked Cedric (giving him the money of course), to go to Hogsmaede, and buy a few presents for Fred and George from Zonko's Joke Shop.

The twins thanked her, as well as each giving her a piggy-back around the Common Room.

Lastly, she had asked the House Elves down in the kitchens to make Ron a platter of all his favourite foods.

He seemed to like the present, and although Lily had eaten the majority of Treacle-Tarts, he was still grateful to her.

As for Percy, she didn't get him anything, as the two weren't really friends at all.

That, was the best Christmas Harry and Lily had even experienced. And they were yet to experience many more.

•••
A/n: hello again my lovelies! This is pretty much just a filler chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it.
I just thought I should give some more information on Lily.
Also, thank you so much for over 200 reads!
Ily!
- Sophie