6. Shut up and take it

This chapter will be written in third person, I'm deciding which I prefer. If I like this chapter in third person, I might write the next couple that way too!

I hope you're enjoying this book so far, let me know If you do in the comments! And please leave a vote, it only takes a second and writing these books and planning takes a long, long time! I'm so thankful for everyone who reads my books.

"He's just a skater boy and I'm just a - whoops!", Olivia laughs, almost falling into the front door. She tiredly roots through her purse to find the keys, and when she does, it takes her a lot longer than it should've to fit the key into the hole. "Stupid bloody door, let me in.", She whispered.

After a few more trial and error attempts, Olivia manages to unlock the front door and stumble inside. Luckily enough she remembers to lock the door behind her. "Food.", She almost moans. "Yes, that is such a good idea? Did anyone ever tell you that you are the smartest person in the entire world? No? Well you are.", She takes in a deep breath and giggles. "Thanks Olivia, that is so sweet of you.", She points in front of herself, to absolutely nobody.

"Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness.", That voice shocked her so much that she screamed. Her lungs failed her though, and a silent breath of air escaped her lips instead.

Her frantic eyes find the gorgeous looking man sitting in the living room. He was on the single-person chair, with his legs spread and a drink in his hand. Probably bourbon. Handsome, rich men always drink bourbon, she thought. "You scared me, I nearly wet myself.", She muttered, stumbling into the room.

"That would have been a sight to see, huh?", His voice was laced with humour and amusement.

Olivia narrows her gaze at him. She shakes her head and falls back onto the sofa across from him with a loud sigh. "These heels are so stupid and they hurt me.", She pouts, reaching down to pull off her heels. She groans, failing to do so. "And now they won't leave me alone. Get away!", She orders, staring down at the shoes as if some unknown magic would escape her and take the shoes off her feet.

And it did! One heel was taken off her foot and she flexed her toes. "Oh my god I'm a witch!", She moans, feeling how good it was to move her toes.

"Oh yeah?", That sensual voice was much closer. Olivia opened her eyes - which she hadn't realized had shut - and saw that Brett was knelt down before her, taking off her heels. So much for the magic, she thought. She watches him with amazement.

This huge man knelt before her in nothing but sweatpants. His shoulders so broad and wide, and his chest and arms were so muscular and perfect that he looked unreal. He wasn't real. No man could be that perfect.

He was so powerful and well-kept, but here he was kneeling before her and looking after her. He was a real man. "You're big.", Olivia says, hiccupping soon afterwards.

Brett's hands pause on her second ankle at her words, he stiffens. Taking a deep breath, he gently removes the second heel from her foot, placing it aside carefully. "What have you been drinking? You're really drunk Olivia.", He whispers, his tone gentle and kind.

"Connor did it.", She hums, closing her eyes and leaning back into the sofa. Brett stiffens again at the mention of another mans name on her lips. He shouldn't have felt so protective and possessive at that moment, but he did.

He ignored it though, and pushed it away. "Connor did what?", He asks tentatively, still kneeling before Olivia. His eyes watching her face relax as she gets comfortable on the sofa. She was beautiful, even half passed out.

Olivia giggles at the question, her face flushing. Brett raises a brow at her response. "You don't want to know what Connor did.", Another hiccup.