jaehyun - day off

word count : 684

-

"no, yea, sounds good. yea, see you later. you too, bye."

you woke up for the second time that morning when you heard your boyfriend talking. the conversation was already over when you realized it, and jaehyun hung up, putting his phone on the nightstand with a light thump.

"well?" you rolled over and hugged him, noticing that his tank top moved around in his body and was not correctly oriented.

"i have the day off," he announced. you squeezed him tightly in response, "stop hugging me," he demanded.

"i'm cold."

"baby, let me go shower. i'll be back in like ten minutes," jaehyun said while trying to get out of bed. "we're going to have to leave eventually for those dinner reservations tonight," he said and kissed your lips. "you know, you'd probably be less cold if you would wear a sweater instead of the tank top."

"it's uncomfortable," you said and buried your head in his neck. "can we just stay in bed all day?" you asked.

"did you not just hear me about the dinner reservations?" jaehyun asked before sighing. "come here," he said and pulled you up to lay on his chest. "good morning." you started laughing. "what's so funny?" he asked.

"you're just now saying that to me? we've been awake for awhile now," you answered.

"so what? i'm not allowed to say it again? it's still morning, and technically you fell asleep, so i can say it again to you," jaehyun replied and kissed your forehead. "okay, shower time," he said and pushed you back onto your side of the bed.

"hey! i'm cold!" you whined as you tried to grab him, but jaehyun was too quick and got out of bed. "you suck."

"let's make something to eat," jaehyun suggested as he walked into the bathroom. you heard the shower being turned on a few seconds after.

you curled up into a ball and almost fell back asleep while jaehyun took his shower. after a few minutes, you sat up and huffed out a sigh. jaehyun came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"you look cute," jaehyun said as he walked into the closet and grabbed clothes to change into.

"i am very cute," you said. "can you throw me a hoodie?" you asked him.

"mine or yours?" he asked.

"yours, of course," you replied. jaehyun grabbed a hoodie from a shelf and threw it at you. the hoodie landed on the edge of the bed and you reached over for it. you put the hoodie in and finally got out of bed.

you yawned and stood in the middle of the bedroom while jaehyun had changed into a t-shirt and grey sweats. he walked over to you and put your hands in his face while kissing your forehead.

"i think you could use some coffee," jaehyun chuckled. "i'll go cook us breakfast. you can go be your cute, sleepy self and put on a record or two on," he said and kissed your forehead again.

you just nodded and waddled out of the room while jaehyun followed you out. you went into the living room and sat in front of the record player that was on a small table. you went through a plastic box that held your shared vinyls and pulled out one of the records. you put the record on and turned the player on. music started playing while you heard sizzling from the kitchen.

after some time, jaehyun came out of the kitchen with some plates. "nice music choice," he commenter and walked back into the kitchen. he came out with a mug and you immediately took it into your hands.

"thank you, babe," you said and took a sip of coffee.

"that was actually my coffee," jaehyun said and walked back into the kitchen. he came back with another mug and another plate. you sat with him in the couch and took another sip.

"love you," you said to him.

"love you too, baby," he replied before leaning down to kiss the top of your head.