CH. THREE | United With You

STANDING IN FRONT OF the huge metal gate of the Official Marleyan Warrior Unit, I shook with nervousness. The Commander left to go talk with the guards really quick while I waited alone patiently, lost in thought.

'Am I really training with them? But, why me? Why not anyone else?'

Shaking it off with a slight sigh, Commander Magath appeared at my side while I pushed through the metal bars, walking into the old training grounds of previous Marleyan Warriors.

The grounds was halfway deserted with grass roots sprouting from the floor, littered completely with dirt at the base. Brick walls lined with barbed wire at the top kept the building inescapable, like anyone would really want to escape, but it was exactly the same way back in the Candidate keepings.

I was shoved forward to continue walking, following a trail of stepping stones that were on the floor. Soldiers that stood outside of the building looked at me with stern eyes, like they were judging me for breathing. My breathing hitched yet I kept my gaze forward, ignoring everything in my surroundings.

Reaching the final door, I moved it open to be greeted with the great Warriors of Marley whom I was to become acquainted with. Smiles painted their faces with warm welcomes while a spark of happiness shot through me.

I smiled so brightly the sun grew jealous. It was my dream to meet the Warriors, then end up becoming one, and I knew my friends would be proud of me for accomplishing it.

"Welcome, Miss Y/N L/N." One of the Warriors spoke to me, bowing slightly as I broke out of my trance.

'Hm... why is he bowing..? Eh, must be out of respect I guess.'

I was about to reply back but my hands were completely jittery, causing me to drop the small suitcase I carried with some of my belongings.

"I-I'm sorry for that!!" I apologize, scrambling to the floor and picking up my luggage. A small chuckle arose from the welcoming Warrior.

"It's alright, we can tell you are very nervous." I scratched the back of my neck from embarrassment and laughed hopping to my feet to stand up.

"It is an honor to be working with you, Miss L/N." another Warrior spoke as I looked at them with stars in my eyes.

'They're so much cooler up close!'

"I should be saying that to you! It has been a dream to work with the people I look up to honestly! I hope to succeed your expectations thoroughly!" I say while clasping my hands together.

Everyone nodded in approval. "Why don't we show you around? You will be here with us for the next two weeks so let's get comfortable." the female Warrior said, lending out a hand that I consciously grabbed in my own.

'EEK! I'M HOLDING HANDS WITH A WARRIOR OH MY GOSH!! NO NO, Y/N KEEP CALM KEEP CALM.'

I smiled brightly, before following the Warriors around headquarters. Along the way, we stopped on the training grounds used for hand-to-hand combat where they taught me a couple of moves used while in titan form.

Demonstrating my signature move, the one I did to pin Bertholdt down, was pretty easy. None of the Warriors had seen it before which made it unique in its own way, plus they had really bad blind spots which made it easier to attack. I managed to bring the Jaw down with one stroke, same with the Colossal.

The female holder though, it took a lot more. She had skill, a lot of it and managed to find my weak spots in the blink of an eye. I admired her but still pushed to beat her. When I managed to do it, I was already out of breath and choking from my lack of air.