𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

this chapter is just like bleak as hell so-

On April the thirteenth, three days after Remus's birthday, Hogwarts still couldn't stop talking about the Death Eater's attack on Hogsmeade. There were several rumors going around about the Marauders and Narcissa, and why the six students had been missing right when it had happened.

Without the Map, though, no one could prove anything.

There was also a silent truce between Narcissa and the four Gryffindor boys not to say anything, each of the parties knowing they had dirt on the other and not wanting to end up being on the exposed end of the potential blackmail.

McGonagall, however, walked up to the four boys at dinner that Friday.

"Lupin, Pettigrew, Black, Potter," she said in a terse voice as they turned around to look at their Transfiguration professor. "My office."

Already knowing that this was about them skipping class and how dangerous it could have been, the Gryffindors groaned as they got up to follow McGonagall to the fifth floor tower where her office was located.

"I don't want to hear any of that," she said strictly. "You're lucky I didn't take points off Gryffindor."

James's eyebrows furrowed as McGonagall stood by the door to her office.

"Because then I would also have to take them off Slytherin."

When the light oak door swung open, it became clear what their professor was talking about.

"Oh."

Sitting on the light green couch with her feet propped up on the coffee table and a bored expression was Hollis Rosier with an equally annoyed Narcissa sitting next to her.

"Why are they here?" Hollis asked in a cold tone, looking at the Gryffindors with a vaguely disgusted expression. 

Sighing and having expected this reaction, McGonagall looked between the two houses with a sad face and a few more wrinkles than normal on her face. 

"I thought it would be best to just talk to both of you at once and not pulling you over separately," she said, sitting behind the light oak desk that matched her door and motioning for the boys to sit.

Hollis immediately realized that some of them would have to sit on the couch to all fit and promptly got up. 

"I'll just stand, professor," she said, leaning against the stone wall with her arms crossed. "It's not an issue."

McGonagall frowned even more deeply, but just nodded her head in approval. Peter ended up being the one next to Narcissa, while Remus was on the opposite end as her. 

"I presume you all know why you're here," the professor started in a disapproving tone at all six of her students. "Skipping class."

She let these words sink in. Remus glanced at Hollis, who was still leaning against the wall. The Rosier didn't look back, and Remus felt his heart sink a little bit.

Sometimes he had to remind himself that it was the Imperius Curse and not her.

"Not only is this sheerly stupid," McGonagall continued, making eye contact with every one of the sixth years. "It is also very, very dangerous during times like these."

Peter swallowed heavily. 

"As you all know, Hogsmeade was brutally attacked," she said with an intense tone as she addressed them. "There were no fatalities and all the shops were finished being restored yesterday."

The Gryffindors relaxed slightly in relief.

"But," McGonagall said sharply, and the boys straightened again. "If any of you were there, you could have been seriously injured."