Chapter 23

Get ready for a long ride😉

A chapter before I go to my first day back at school.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Me and Adalyn sat in the car as my driver drove us to where we were holding the Charity Ball this year

When I saw her in that dress earlier as we were buying it, my breath was taken away. It looked gorgeous.

She looked gorgeous.

I was happy to see she had decided to wear the necklace and earrings I had brought her for her birthday with the outfit tonight.

I didn't regret buying them at all. I knew she didn't like me spending money on her but that's not going to stop me from spoiling her like the princess she is. Because she deserves to be treated like one.

"Axie."
I looked down at her and smiled seeing the shy smile on her face. She was adorable.

I placed my hand on her bare thigh through the slit in her dress.
"Yes my precious."

Her eyes looked down at my hand for a moment before she looked back up at me.
"Thank you."

I tilted my head quizzically.
"What for?"

She looked down diffidently playing with her fingers in her lap.
"For e-everything. You've been so good to me and I know I h-haven't told you very much about me but thank you for treating me like you have. Thank you for e-everything you did today: the gifts, getting a tattooist for me, taking me to get my dress, setting up lunch with my sister and all of the stuff you helped Lavender and Lilith do in the basement. It means so much to me. Thank you Axel."

She looked up at me through her eyelashes and I was completely left speechless. I had no expectation that she would ever thank me for what I had done.

She was my girlfriend. I was going to do anything I could to make her happy.

Sure I don't know as much about her as she does me but that's a working progress. I wasn't going to force her to tell me anything she didn't feel comfortable with telling me.

I placed my hand on her cheek and lifted her head up a little.
"Adalyn. You don't need to thank me. I'm going to do anything in my power to make it so you're happy. All of that stuff, I don't want you to thank me for it because that's not why I did any of those things . I did them because you mean so much more to me than you could even comprehend. Adalyn I don't want you to ever think that I won't try my hardest to remind you how beautiful you are everyday. To make you smile everyday. To make you feel as much as a princess as I can everyday. Because I love you."

Her eyes widened and I could hear her breath stop. She just stared at me and I knew what I was saying was soon but I knew how I felt and wasn't going to deny it.