Chapter 48

*Dont cry infront of them, please just fight back the tears. Please just don't let them see me cry....*

* * *

*Leah's Pov*

As my eyes started to slowly open, I was lying down in the middle of a dark room; the only thing that created light was the tiny light bulb above me, and yellowy, white light seeking through the cracks of a metal door.

My head turned from side to side, slowly zoning in and out, trying to figure out where I was.

My vision went back to normal, and I noticed a girl, around the age of 5 sitting down in the corner of the room.

Her dark brown, scruffy hair just reaching her shoulders, and her head buried in her hands, with her knees brought up against her chest.

She had chains that were connected to the wall, and the cuffs connected to them, around the little girls wrists.

I slowly crawled towards her and as I went to reach for her arm, my hand went right through her. What?

The scenery around me when blury and mushy and I ended up being in another room.

What was happening?

* * *

I was in a room full of computers and men in white lab coats. A glass window infront of the controls as I looked through it, looking at another room connected to it.

That room had the little girl in a grey shaggy dress, like a prisoner dress of some sort and infront of the girl was a hospital bed. It was a type of bed that you would see in some sort of asylum.

I recognised this. That young girl was...me?

I turned to one of the tech's.
"What is this? Where am I?" I asked.
It was like I was invisible.

Two men with white lab coats walked into the room where the little girl was and picked her up, forcing her onto the bed, strapping leather bands over her arms and body so she couldn't move.

Doctors walked into the same room with a lot of equipment. They made her breath in some gas and she knocked out straight away. Her head moving to the side, her eyes closed.

I knew what this was. This was how I got my strength at such a young age. Before I got my powers, I got a serum that made me very strong and fast. They were making me into a young assassin for themselves. A weapon.