32

To understand Nari's infatuation with min Yoongi and his obsession with her we have to take a little trip backwards.

Yoongi was 5 years old when he met Namjoon for the first time. Their fathers were friends. Their territory was neighbouring all but one other 'company' the two men had decided to team up in order to cut out the middle man as it were.
"Ah mr min. This is my son Namjoon. Forgive me for bringing him along. His mother is out of town with our daughter." Dakho said with a hand on the small boys shoulder.
"Not a problem. My boy Yoongi is outside. Namjoon you may go and play while we talk if you wish."
Namjoon accept walking out of the doors seeing another boy throwing stones into the pond and he walked over to him.
"Hi..." Yoongi looked over his shoulder and raised an eyebrow.
"Who are you?" Namjoon gulped at the older boy sitting on the side of the pond.
"I'm Namjoon... my dad is talking to your dad." Yoongi didn't say anything instead held out his hand to Namjoon passing him some pebbles.

The boys spent many days together until a particular day when Namjoon stopped and lookiled to the door as Yoongi crashed into the boy.
"Owwww why did you stop?" Yoongi rubbed his head and namjoon just stood looking at the little girl on the steps watching the two. "Who's that?"
This was a day when the two were at namjoons home. Namjoon gave a small smile and waved to her.
"She's my sister. She's really shy." Yoongi tilted his head at the girl giving her a smile.
"Nari! Where are you!" Their father shouted from inside prompting her to start running towards the boys jumping onto Namjoon nearly knocking him over. She said something to him and then looked at Yoongi. "There you are. Come on Nari. It's time to go." She poured a little and looked at Namjoon.
"Can I stay and play with you?" She asked in a tiny voice and Namjoon looked at dakho.
"Can she? Please dad?" The man rolled his eyes and looked at the watch around his wrist.
"10 minutes then Nari has somewhere to be." He walked away and she smiled catching herself when she looked at Yoongi and nudged namjoon.
"Who's that?" She whispered in his ear and namjoon smiled.
"This is Yoongi. He's my best friend."
"I'm your only friend Namjoon." She laughed a little and Yoongi blushed. "Hi." He smiled a little and she said hi back.

The two stayed friends for many years spending most of their time together when Yoongi was being groomed to take over from his father their time together almost stopped completely. This was when Namjoon's life before hell. The min family wasn't just planning to take out the middle man but the kims as well. And they were successful. Dakho blamed his downfall on protecting his sons friendship. That things went sour from there. The min house was called a few times by Namjoon asking about his friend. They never did tell Yoongi. One day Yoongi was taken into town to buy some new clothes when he walked past a park seeing a girl sat on the swing he told his escort that he would be back and entered the park.
"Well well well. Shouldn't you be locked in a tower somewhere princess?" She looked up and a smile appeared on her face.
"Yoongi!" She got up giving him a hug and he smiled holding her tight. "It's been so long!" She was right he hadn't seen her in about a year at this point. She let go sitting back down and he came to sit on the swing next to her.
"Who are we hiding from out here then?" He asked tapping her knee with his and she looked a little sad.
"My dad... he's introducing me to wealthy families... think he's trying to marry me off."
"But you're a kid?" She shrugged at it and he hummed. "Where's Namjoon? Hasn't he said anything?" She shook her head a little.
"I don't see him a lot these days. She's working to get some money. Things haven't been great." She admitted to him and laughed a little.
"What?" She looked at him blushing a little.
"When I was younger I always thought- nah it's silly." He laughed a little shaking his head.
"You can tell me." She looked up at the sky letting out a breath.
"I always thought I'd get married off to you." Yoongi raised an eyebrow and she laughed. "I had a little crush on you." He scoffed shaking his head at the girl.
"S' alright. I had a crush on you too." Their attention was snapped away when Nari's name was called from down the street.
"Shit. It's my dad. I gotta go." She got up and he followed her actions looking around.
"Hey get Namjoon to call me? I miss hanging around with you two." She gave a nod and said a goodbye running off in the opposite direction to where her father called. He stood laughing for a moment thinking about it. "She liked me..."

"What happened to you?" Namjoon turned around at the voice as he laid on the grass panting. He saw Yoongi standing over him in a fresh suit and became ashamed at his scruffy appearance.
"Nothing." He sat up pulling his torn hood up.
"Namjoon-"
"What? Don't act like we're friend. Your father fucked us all over." Yoongi sat down beside the 15 year old and huffed.
"You dad? Did he do that?" He pulled Namjoon's hood looking at the black eye and bleeding nose.
"Yoongi-"
"I can help you." He looked at his old friend with wide eyes. "I feel terrible about what my dad did... I want to help you... I can get you money, a job. I can get you away from him."
"I can't leave Nari." Yoongi thought for a moment and nodded.
"Then I get you both away. Look, you're my friend Namjoon. I know life has been hard on you so please. Let me help?" Namjoon gave him a nod and Yoongi stood up offering his hand out. "Come on. Let's go get Nari and go back to mine."
"She's not home." Namjoon said plainly standing up. He looked a little distressed at it all and Yoongi frowned. "My dad, he's got her to go to meet with the park family. He's selling her to them."
"The hell he is. Come on."

"Dad you have to do something please." Yoongi begged and his father gave him a stern look.
"Fine." He picked up his phone as Yoongi watched in curiosity. "Hello my friend! Yes well I have a question to ask. The girl you received from Dakho? Yes. Ah I see. I'll pay you double whatever you paid him. The girl is a dear friend on my son's. perfect. I'll send a car now. Thank you. Of course." He put down the phone calling in one of his men. "The park house. Collect the girl and bring her here." Yoongi was confused to say the least he looked at his father and the man nodded.
"Did you just...."
"You wanted her. Now you have her. I hope this girl doesn't mess you around." Yoongi was taken back by it all.
"I don't want her to know. I'm giving Namjoon the money to get a home for the two of them. I want the money to give her whatever education she wants without worrying." His father gave a small nod looking at his son for a moment before standing.
"Fine. Whatever you want, don't tell your mother about this. I had always hoped you will be the one to change this family Yoongi. And I can already see my hopes are true."

The car door opened and she stepped out seeing her brother running forward to engulf her in a hug. She couldn't help it as she burst into tears holding him close. Namjoon held her looking over at the front door seeing Yoongi stood with his hands in his pockets. Thank you the younger boy mouthed and Yoongi nodded to him slipping back into the house. They stood there for a moment and Namjoon looked down at her.
"You're not hurt are you?" She shook her head through her tears and he huffed. "God I was so worried about you. Come on. We're staying her tonight. Yoongi said it was okay until I get us a place."
"What?" She was more than confused at the whole thing and today had been a rollercoaster for her.
"After he sent you away I came to ask for help. Yoongis dad called the family that had you and got you back for me. I have a job with them I'll have enough money to get us a home and pay for your school. Nari, this is the life we've dreamed of." He held her shoulders as she tried to wrap her head around it all.
"What about dad? Namjoon if he finds us-"
"He won't. We're under the min families protection now. We never have to worry about a think thanks to Yoongi and his dad..."