chapter thirteen: astonishing attires

(A/N: Scarletts texts in italics, Harry's in bold italics.)

Despite her hesitation to accept his offer, Scarlett found herself with Harry's stylist not two days after he'd shown up to her apartment.

She'd continuously texted and refused his kind offer and he'd continuously refused her refusal.

Harry, it's very generous but you don't need to do this.

It's already done, Scarlett. Nia will reach out with the details tomorrow.

Who's Nia? How much is this costing you?

My assistant. And don't worry about the money.

Of course she worried about money, she hated when others spent even a cent on her. Begrudgingly, she shoved her discomfort away and allowed herself to fall into the mercy of him. Because that's what he wanted, and it pleased her to please him.

Let me take care of you, he'd told her.

So she let him take care of her.

It was an all-over foreign situation for her. She was on edge about attending the party of his the coming Saturday, whatever it would entail. She knew his lifestyle was a lavish one, drowning in funds, luxuries, and secrets.

Harry wanted her to be treated immaculately and fit in with him. His stylist always made him feel sexy and confident and so he wanted her to feel the same when she was thrown into a room full of his associates. He knew how intense they came off. Additionally, he knew she'd look phenomenal dipped in his stylist's touch.

He was mystified, completely and utterly addicted.

Perhaps this party was a good thing. It would enable her to gather insight into the life he was bringing her into.

Harry's assistant, Nia, proved herself to be punctual and precise. She had called Scarlett with the number she'd sourced from Harry and informed her that she had an appointment with the stylist the next day and sent her the address of his studio.

Scarlett didn't ask why she even needed a stylist but assumed that it was because it was going to be a high-profile event. Harry had told her he held them regularly for his clients, and so it made sense that he'd have her dressed perfectly so she matched the ambiance of his untouchable persona whilst at his side all night.

She also didn't ask what type of clients he even had, but she hoped that they were in a similar business to him- maybe in the liquor or entertainment industry as opposed to the alternative which she could guess was something verging on more sinister.

She knew so little about him and her intrigue swam into pitting depths that pressurized her chest.

Her thoughts completely ravaged her as the stylist fit needles into a draping number to her curves, noting measurements and praising her figure.

"I knew this would suit you." He voiced as he stepped back to admire her while she stood still in an effort to not get pricked by one of the many pins in the dress.

"It's beautiful." She agreed.

"And perfect for this type of event."

Scarlett bit her lip, not wanting to sound intrusive or catty when she asked him, "Do you do this often?"

"Hm?"

"Dress women for him."

It had been playing on her mind a lot. Where his action of kindness could be swayed into him wanting to look how he wanted her, make sure she lived up to some sick kind of standard that was held in his world.