3. hawkins | wheeler

🎵: lost boy // ruth b ( i recommend listening while reading!)
{ sorry this song gives off like super straight vibes 🤢🤢 }
___________________________

i smile, sitting in the back seat, looking out my fathers car window. i am moving back to hawkins, after a few years of living with my grandmother, with my father. three years ago, my mother died, and me and my father had to move in with my grandmother. it was hard for me, leaving my bestfriends, lucas, dustin, will and my boyfriend, mike. for the first while, me and mike would call eachother, on a telephone, every single day. but then we started drifting, it was okay though, i was hanging out with my new friend, jason. me and jason would hang out everyday, we liked the same music, and movies. he had a little crush on me, he tried to kiss me one day, but i pulled away, i loved mike, and i couldnt just forget about him, even though i did find jason a little cute. i was 14 now, and i was so exited to see mike, and everyone else, agein.

i open my backpack, and take out my bottle of water. i take a sip, when we go over a bump in the car, and i spill some on my shirt. "shit" i whisper, trying to wipe it off me. "i thought we said you were taking a break from cursing, young lady" my dad says, from the steering wheel. "sorry dad i just- i haven't seen mike in forever, and i know you might be thinking, 'oh y/n, that was a silly childhood relationship', me and mike promised eachother, we will never, fall apart. and i've kept that promise, and i have a feeling, he's kept that too." i smile up to my dad, who's giving me one of those cheesy smiles back.

i giggle with excitement, when we drive past the 'welcome to hawkins' sign. i cant wait to see mike, it will be a full on surprise iswell, as nancy and mikes parents, are the only people that know i'm coming back.
we drive into our neighborhood. we are moving back into our old house, and i can't wait to be back at my room. suddenly, i get this weird tingly feeling in my stomach, when we drive past the wheeler household.

'will mike be exited to see me?
does he miss me?
i miss him.
i cant wait to see him!
i will be so awkward, when i meet mike.'

"so, when we unpack our boxes at home, i will call mrs wheeler, and see where mike is, then you will have your little meet up with him, okay?" my dad turns to me, "sure. i cant wait!" i squeal, i'm really happy to be back at hawkins.

we pull into the driveway. suddenly, all the memories keep rushing back. i look at the front door, and i remember my mom opening it for me, everyday after school. i look at the windows, and i remember listening to music, and wiping them down. i shake the thoughts out of my head, and help dad bring in boxes.

"woah, it looks bigger then i remember." i look around, the place is empty. "there is just no furniture, y/n, this place will turn smaller in seconds." my dad says to me. i run upstairs into my room, i remember everything, i remember my mom cuddling me into bed, i remember painting these walls, i miss her, so much. i catch a tear run down my eye, when i get an idea.

i run downstairs to my dad. "so dad, uh- can i maybe like, put boxes away later and uh-" i start, when he cuts over me. "i'll call mrs wheeler now, hun." he smiles to me, i giggle with excitement, as he goes over and sorts out the telephone, and starts dialing in the wheelers number.

"hello?" my dad says, as the phone call gets answered.
"hello? paul! are you and y/n here?"
its karen wheeler.
"yeah, y/n was just wondering if she could meet mike now?" my dad asks, with a little grin at me.
"ofcorse! he's at the arcade, everyone else is there too!" she says, when i run over and grab the phone.
"thankyou, so much, mrs wheeler!" i say, before grabbing my backpack, and running out the door.

i pull out my bike, from the back of my dads trailer, and i start cycling. i watch as these, so familiar places, bring up so familiar memories. i sigh, but then i started thinking to myself.

'will he recognize me?'
'did i get skinner?'
'did i get bigger?'
'he's probably way taller now.'
'i can't wait to see the party!'
'i wonder if there is any, new girls, in town. maybe dustin, or lucas, could date one'

then, i see the palace, the big arcade sign. i feel all these feelings in my stomach, when i just drop my bike, and start walking in. i open the doors, looking down at my feet, when i see him. i see micheal wheeler, with his arms wrapped around, some girl. she has his hands in his hair, his on her waist. they were kissing eachother, but not like a dare kiss, they were really making out. then i see, will, dustin, lucas and this other girl, with red hair. i zone back out, when i make eye contact with lucas.

"y/n?" lucas questions, when i see mike turn around. i just run out, 'who was she?' i ask myself.

i start getting on my bike, and cycling off.
"y/n!? is it you?!" i hear mike cry, but i ignore him, he should go ask his girlfriend. "y/n?" he yells, i turn around, and see him lacing his shoes, getting ready to cycle after me.

'where will i go?' i wonder, going home brings up my mother, going back brings up mike. i start cycling, when i remember, i place i used to go.

i start cycling into a forest, going through leaves and bushes. when i make it there, to the top of the quarry.
i would sit there, whenever i was lonesome, or sad.

i stare into the water, dangling my feet over the cliff. i sigh, i thought today would have been great, i really did.

___________________________

word count :: 1094

i really, really, really hate this one.
i couldn't think of a song, and i didn't even have it planned in my head!! the ending is terrible- like bruh- i ain't to adult bill denbrough-
anyway- i'm sorry you had to read this!