8| Theory

Chapter 8: Theory (Caden's POV)

I walked back into my room, flicking the lights on, half expecting Axel to be there. And there he was. "Now what?" I chuckled, opening the walk-in closet. I grabbed my sweatpants and went into the bathroom, changing into them and throwing my clothes from today into the hamper. 

"Who do you go see every night?" 

"I don't go every night," I said, flopping into bed beside him. "Just sometimes. When I feel like seeing her," I said while tucking my legs under the cover.

"It's a girl?" he perked up. 

I turned to him. "It's a princess." 

His nose scrunched up. "Princesses are boring now." 

"Really?" I frowned and he nodded again. "Okay... then it's a fairy," I shrugged. 

"A fairy?" he grinned. 

"Mm-hmm," I nodded. 

"So this girl is pretty like a fairy?" 

"No, she's got pointy ears and wings like a fairy." 

He rolled his eyes. 

"Yes," I admitted. "She's pretty like a fairy. And she sparkles like a fairy." 

"Does this fairy have a name?" 

I thought for a minute. I can't risk it. "Nope, she does not. Not one that you need to find out anyway. Now get out. Go to sleep." 

He climbed out of bed, grabbing his flashlight from my nightstand. "Bye, Caden. Tell your fairy I said hi," he giggled. "I'll turn off your lights because I'm nice." 

"Thanks," I chuckled. 

He turned off the lights, switched on his flashlight, and then left. 

So, I had a theory. After I saw her in the locker room today, I couldn't stop thinking about her and her body. The body I never expected her to have. Even though she doesn't hide it. I see it every day, it was hidden in plain sight. But now I know how gorgeous she is. 

So, my theory was that because I always think about her, especially now after seeing her, and because I'm always pestering her, maybe Roman is right. Maybe I do go after her just to get her time and attention. Maybe I really do want to be around her. But I know I don't like her. It's just not possible, ask my family and they will confirm. I can't like her, I'm not allowed to, so I'm confident that I don't. But after seeing her and constantly thinking about her, I've concluded that I am attracted to her. 

Physically. 

I am incredibly attracted to her body and face. Which isn't always telling me nice things but still. She is beautiful. So according to my theory, I hate her but I'm attracted to her. And now because I'm attracted to her, I want her. 

Truth be told, I went there to test the theory but then when I saw the bouquet and the card with Nate's name on it, something passed through my body. I didn't plan to enter her room and invade her privacy like that. But that feeling made me do it. It wasn't quite anger, but near it. Not frustration, but near that too. It was more of... possessiveness. And I wish I could say it was protectiveness, but she isn't mine. So I was merely being possessive. She isn't mine, but I do want her to be. 

Physically at least. It isn't allowed or possible in any other regard anyway. 

I flicked the lamp off and lay down, closing my eyes. 

Go to sleep, Caden. And don't think about her. 

I thought about her. All night. Hell, I even dreamt about her. And it was filthy. It was shocking. And it made me want her body even more.