Chapter 25 - "Bite Back the Remarks and Answer the Questions."

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 25 - Injuries or Answers? -
Warnings: Kidnapping, abuse
Third Person POV

Cards' head was pounding even before she opened her eyes and fully regained consciousness.

The first thing she saw when her eyes opened was Stage.

Stage was sitting up, in a corner of the room, leaning against the wall. Her hands were tied behind her back.

Something caught Cards' eye and it quickly washed away the relief as quickly as it had come.

Stage had a huge cut on her forehead, mainly on the left side.

Cards lifted her head up a bit to get a better look at her best friend.

Other than that one cut on her forehead, she didn't look too hurt, yet.

Cards was scared that was going to change.

Cards noticed that her hands were tied behind her back, just like Stage's, and a gag restricted her speech.

She was mentally praying (something she didn't do often) that the others could get them out of here before something happened.

Elsewhere in Harlem

"We've been looking for over two hours." Charlie states. "I'm starting to fear the worst."

"Which is?" Smokes questions.

"That Zip and Switch got her." Charlie whispers.

Spot immediately turned to face him. "What?!"

"She's not here, Spot." Charlie reminds him. "We need to go to their Lodge and at least save Stage. For all we know, Cards could be there as well."

Spot grits his teeth in anger, but nods. "Fine. Stay in your buddy pairs."

"Who are you going with?" Jack questions, an eyebrow raised and his arms crossed.

Spot mumbles swears under his breath. Cards had been his buddy, so he was half to blame for losing her.

Though, in his defense, he had been helping another Newsie with something and trying to guide everyone along and hadn't heard Cards.

"You're stuck with us!" Charlie exclaims, trying to shine some light on the situation.

Spot mumbles curses, annoyed at being stuck with Jack and Charlie for the next (at least) three hours.

"Shut up," Jack rolls his eyes at Spot's dramatics. "You know you love us." He states.

Spot shakes his head, vigorously, causing some of the Newsies to laugh.

Charlie and Jack share a fake pout.

Spot mumbles another curse under his breath, before sighing. "Fine. I'm sorry." He cringes a bit. "I love you both."

Jack and Charlie grin. "Aww! Thanks Spotty!" They exclaim.

"I hate you all." Spot mumbles under his breath, starting to walk ahead of them.