𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑.

Louis's POV (Y/N's Dad's POV)

I stood with all the other Eldians, watching the rumbling advancing toward us from a distance.

What could I do? The answer was nothing. I could only stand and succumb to fate, watching everything happen before my own eyes as I take my final breaths.

"To all soldiers here in the airship squadron and in this fortress. This is the last... bastion left to humanity," a voice on the speaker spoke. "A massive burden lies upon your shoulders but whatever the outcome... know that not only you are responsible for this. The guilt is shared by all of us. We made use of hatred, letting it grow, believing it would save us... and we pointed that hatred towards that 'island of devils.' As a result, a monster was born. He has come to get revenge. If it's possible for us to have a future again... If it's possible to have another tomorrow... I promise to never repeat my mistakes."

Karina broke down and started crying.

"I've only used him as a tool..." she sobbed. "All this time... I've only used him as a tool for revenge and payback... I've never acted like his mother before..."

"Me too," Leonhart-san said. I crouched down and hugged Karina who was on her hands and feet, giving her comfort in this moment of absolute despair.

"All of you, please make the same vow," the voice on the speaker spoke once again. "The squadron is in formation! The bombardment will start once they reach their target height! But vow that you are done with this hatred. Vow that you will consider one another in this world... and say goodbye to our own monsters."

3rd Person's POV

The fort notices movement from the Attack Titan, and a glow appears between the spines on its back.

The commander prematurely calls for a bombardment out of fear they will be too late, but the airship's altitude is too high, and the squadron is too spread out to inflict the damage they were hoping to inflict.

A furry Titan dangles from strands of Titan flesh between the spines, and it hurls debris up at the airship squadron, breaching their explosives.

The Titan fully forms into the Beast Titan and continues to hurl debris until the entire squadron has been wiped out.

Louis's POV

"The airship squadron... They've been wiped out..."

"I'm sure that those 3... Annie, Reiner, and y/n... are alive on Paradis... and they won't die before their parents," Leonhart-san said.

"Them being alive... is enough for me..." I smiled.

"Dawn-san, and Leonhart-san... your daughters are truly incredible, strong women. I'm so thankful to have them as friends to my son," Karina said and bowed.

The 3 of us closed our eyes and waited for our death.

"What's that?" I heard a little girl nearby say, and she pointed to something in the distance.

"A flying boat?"

Y/N's POV

"Dammit!! The engine's in trouble!!"