Chapter 70

Wrote this to Who are you by Aquilo, I think you'll know when to start playing. 

I'm leaving it to you guys to choose when to get hit by feelings 🙂

------

William's P.O.V

Pleasure ripples through me from the feel of soft lips climbing their way up my spine.

"Hmm," I hum with a smile already growing on my lips. 

Damon continues his path up my body with his lingering kisses, taking his time with each one like a sacred promise that made our bond glow warmly. Feeling like a leaf in a stream, I let myself be carried by Damon's current, more than willing to have him pull me under. 

As Damon gets higher up my body, I groan like a blissed-out idiot at the feel of his larger one sliding along mine, pressing me further into the bed. That groan turns into a hopeful moan when Damon's thick cock rubs against my ass.

I press back into him and he hums gently before he presses one last kiss to my mark. 

I draw in a deep breath as sparks spread through my entire body, causing ecstasy, lust and happiness to swell inside of me, growing so large that it threatened to make me break apart. 

My mark was still sensitive and a long ways off from healing completely. The skin around it was a little raw and exposed in a way that made me feel vulnerable, but when Damon was as close as he was now, I knew I had nothing to worry about. And when he kissed my mark so gently, with that much love and care... I felt perfect. 

My mark. It felt so good to say that.

As Damon licks his mark, another pleasured shiver runs through me and echoes itself through Damon who presses more of his weight into me. A deep groan rumbles in his chest, making my body wake up, eager to give him anything he wanted.

"Morning," Damon whispers against my skin, leaving my shoulder to kiss his way up my neck.

He sounded as happy as I felt inside, his voice light and free in a way I'd never heard it before. 

"Good morning," I mumble as I lean into his kisses, opening my eyes to peek at him from over my shoulder.

I find Damon hovering over me, his bed hair even worse than usual but his bright eyes and boyish grin made my heart light up with so much joy that I thought I might cry.

Was it healthy to be this happy?

Kissing my nose, Damon gets a surprised giggle out of me that makes us both freeze for a second. I wasn't sure if we were more stunned at my giggle or Damon's nose kiss. But when a grin escapes each of us, we fall into more laughter as he hugs me to him and kisses every part of me he can. 

Each kiss sent my spirit aflame with unfiltered joy. I guessed it was an effect of the completed mate bond, since just having Damon's skin against mine made me feel like I was being wrapped in a blanket of love and warmth I never wanted to leave.

Not that I could even if I wanted to, Damon was hugging me so tight I couldn't even dream of wiggling away from him.

"I can't believe it," he whispers when he settles, his nose resting against my collarbone, "when I woke up, I thought maybe I dreamt it." 

That I understood. Damon and I had been through so much together - the great, the bad and the horrific. I'd feared that when it finally came for us to get to the amazing, something would go wrong, or it'd all be some dream my mind had chosen to torture me with.