Huntsman

Based off of The Twelve Huntsman.

"Red!" Lance called out to the eagle as it flew in the soft breeze. He reached his hand out and Red landed firmly on his arm. He had been out hunting. Prince Keith grumbled on his horse,"Hm, it seems like Red likes you more than me, Lance." Lance giggled and looked back at Keith,"Oh. Who are you jealous of now, Keith?" Hooves sounded in the distance. "Prince Keith!"

The squire, Hunk came on his horse, Yellow. "What's wrong, Hunk?" Hunk panted,"Your..father." Lance and Keith rode to the Castle Marmora in a hurry. Keith got of Red and looked sadly at Lance. "You must depart at once." Keith sighed,"I am sorry, I must return home for a while." Lance got off his horse, Blue. "I know it's important. Hurry to your father!" Keith searched his pockets,"Lance.." He took Lance's hand and slid on a blue ring,"I will come back for you very soon. We shall then live together in my country." Keith kissed Lance lightly on the lips and took off. Lance watched him enter the castle with a sad smile on his face.

"Father...hang in there." Zarkon chuckled lightly,"Keith...fulfill my last wish." Keith's eyes saddened,"Father.." Zarkon hushed his child,"I've chosen a wife for you. Marry her and rule this kingdom after my death." Keith's eyes widened and he grit his teeth. "This princess will be to you...what your mother once was to me...a wonderful companion." Keith refused to look his father in the eyes,"Yes...yes father. As you wish. Father...FATHER!" Keith held his father's cold hands as he died. Hunk stood next to Keith,"Prince Keith,..what would you wish Prince Lance to know?" A man walked in and bowed to Keith. "Excuse me, your highness. The bride chosen by your father...has agreed to the proposal." Keith scoffed lightly,"Hunk..tell Lance..he should forget about me and not wait for me." Hunk protested,"How can you speak of this with such ease?!" Keith's voice cracked and his eyebrows furrowed,"Try to understand. My father has been the sole ruler of this kingdom. It is important that I fulfill his last wish. I want Lance to be happy with someone else."

"But-"

"From now on my heart is locked. I shall never love again or be loved by anyone else.." Keith forbade there to be any men to live in the castle. Hunk rode back to Lance with the news as he stared at the window,"How bitter he is." he said after he explained exactly what Keith said. Lance hummed,"His heart is locked....Hunk." Hunk froze,"Please help me! Give this message to the Prince." Lance grabbed a small piece of paper and scribbled on it his handwriting. "Take it and go."

Hunk went back to Keith, who cried when he read the note.

~𝕴 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖊𝖕𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖆𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊. 𝕴 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖜 𝖆𝖜𝖆𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖌𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖒𝖊.

~ I will accept the marriage proposal of another prince. I threw away the ring you gave me.

Lance undid his groomed hair and ruffled it up, covering a little of his eyes. He cut it so it was rougher. He went to his closet and grabbed a hunter's armor, a small vest with silver lining and gloves. He grabbed his bow and arrows, placing them in his belt. And finally, a navy blue cape with a hood to cover his features. "I will bring him the key to his lock."

                                                                            ~⚜️~

The bells rang and people gathered around the square. Two knights were talking together,"Well, his highness really loves hunting. Meanwhile, taking care of his royal duties should be more important." The other knight spoke,"But it's a big deal for the hunters, if they are to be chosen to be one of the 12 huntsmen who get to accompany the king." A man called from the King's balcony,"The King will address the audience shortly." A small girl sat next to Keith, speaking to him quietly. "King, my King!" Keith looked at her,"What's wrong, Katie?" Katie grumbled,"It appears there's a man posing as a hunter. He doesn't seem like one based off his rich clothing and good manners. I believe he has disguised himself as a hunter...so he can get close to you."