𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Silence. The only things Rory heard when she woke up, was silence. Even the pounding headache that filled her brain, ripping at her nerves, didn't make a single noise. None of it felt normal. The way she felt in that moment, was different, disparate. She felt powerful. Not the kind of powerful that dooms another for eternity, or the kind that is labeled as evil in the handbook of life. But the kind of power that she felt as if she were capable of so many great things. And she knew it.

The morning was cloudy. A hazy overshadow, blocking the true light from it's receivers. It was early, the new sky, the new day, ever the same, and ever evolving. The formal embodiment of the moment and the eternal entwined. 

Opening a single, tired eye, she could see the shadowed light seeping in through the curtains. But they weren't her curtains. They were Katherine's. And opening her other eye, she lifts her head up lightly, and sees that she is in fact in Katherine's room lying down in her bed. How did she get there? She didn't know. Why was she there? Rory didn't know that either.

She felt that she was holding onto someone, and when she maneuvers over slightly, she could tell that she was holding onto Klaus. And then an arm was draped around her waist, and she turned to see Rebekah holding onto her. Katherine laid down on the opposite side of the blonde original. When Rory looked up, one last time, she saw Elijah fast asleep in a chair by the door.

All of them were sleeping in content. Feeling calm in everyone else's presence.

Then, the thought came to her head of the night before. Shooting up in the bed, unwrapping herself from where she was lying down, she jumps over everyone, and ran through the bedroom door, waking everyone else in the room up.

"Aurora, what are you doing?" Elijah asks, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, as he was the first one to catch up to the girl. The other two vampires and the hybrid right behind him.

"The coffins! I actually- I found them!" Rory responded, with a wide smile on her face, impressed she was even capable of doing such things on her own. But look at her now. She was proud of herself.

Katherine walked up to the witch and gently grabbed her upper arm, pulling her a ways from the front door. "Rory, you've been asleep for quite a while. The coffins can wait. Let's just make sure you're okay first, yeah?"

Rory just scoffed, "Come on guys, look! I'm completely fine!" But right as she turned back around to head to the door, her eyesight got the slightest bit blurry, and her head drawing a blank. The girl tumbles a little bit, and she would have fallen if Klaus hadn't gotten to her quickly, wrapping an arm around her to keep steady.