𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Moment after moment, memories began flowing into Aurora Salvatore's mind. Like simple fragments of her imagination were slowly piecing together, forming a new puzzle with the satisfaction of being solved. Each piece was of a beautiful significance to angelize the making of her past, present, and future. Points in time were colliding, blank spots reiterating, and point stares, revitalized.

She remembered.

Not only did she remember, but she felt. She felt all the emotions, both of herself and of her family. Her family. Bonds that Rory had believed were only formed in the past few months, had made her come to realize that she had known them for so much longer. It's rather strange how time would take its own course, pulling into a full circle, coming into a complete stop at where they all began.

Rory was feeling, reliving, remembering everything for a nine year span. 

She remembered the times she spent not only with Rebekah, Klaus, and Elijah, she remembers all the time she spent with Kol. The very vampire she thought was a stranger, just being able to somehow be seen, was more to her than she thought. All those times she saw him, she didn't even think twice about who he was, or what he meant, she simply overlooked him. 

Her arms were fastened tightly around Kol's neck, holding him close to her, almost as if she were scared he was going to disappear away from her. Again. The reassurance of being able to touch him, that he was actually there with her. Not some ghost that appears out of thin air, but it was him. Kol was here. 

Kol's right hand cradled the back of her head, holding her close to him, as his other arm went around her middle, clutching onto Rory tightly, as if it were the first time he had ever seen her in years. Because, in reality, it had been years. So many years.

They felt at home in each other's arms.

A hiraeth of fundamental motion, pushing towards the edge of the land, hovering closer to a life of no worry. No pain. Exclusions of foolery and management are constitutioned for a hearth moved along a man. A home never is limited to a building stationed on land. It can be a thought, and object, a person. One never necessarily chooses theirs. It comes with time and patience, building up trust and care.

When Rory pulled apart, her arms still around his neck, a smile grew on both of their faces, as happiness etched into their veins proving their euphoria to even the heavens above. And instead of saying something, anything, Kol just pulled her back into the embrace, holding her even tighter if such were possible.