chapter 24 ~ body parts and courtrooms

I opened my eyes tiredly as I found myself lying on the couch in my own home. I tried to sit up but was immediately stopped by a pain racing up my arm.

"V said you'll have to wear the sling for at least a week" Fiona sighed as she pulled me into a hug. 

We were soon joined by Lip and Ian who both looked at me with great concern. I took the bag of peas from my brother, holding it up to my throbbing face.

I didn't even want to know how bad I looked.

"Why are you dressed like a lawyer?" I muttered as I looked at the outfit my sister was wearing.

"Oh um, I'm getting custody. Of you guys" She shrugged. I just nodded my head, not having any energy to question her on her choices.

"How long have I been out?" I groaned as Ian helped me stand up. 

"36 hours, give or take. The med's V gave you mixed with the pain practically put you in a coma"

Thirty-six hours? I've been asleep for almost 2 whole fucking days?!

I slowly made my way up to my room so I could get changed into something that was clean and not covered in dried blood.

There was no way I was going back to that group home so until then, the cops would just have to arrest me....but they honestly probably didn't give two shits.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I barely recognized the person I saw. The bruises only covered half my face but they we're still pretty purple.

I quickly got changed before sneaking out our back door. I know I should've stayed away from him, but I also needed answers that only he could give me.

There was only two places Mickey would go to shoot away his anger, and that was either the L or the roof of the old abandoned building

I walked up the stairs of the apartment, the sounds of gunshots filling my ears.

I guess the abandoned building it was...

When he saw me he continued to shoot his target so I just back up and nervously observed. He had a matching bruise on his face but lucky for him, his was already yellowing.

"So thanks to me, you've been pistol whipped and shot in the ass" I muttered, leaning up against the beam behind him. He continued to shoot the gun, completely ignoring me.