Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I put my clothes on with my back to Wayne. I don't know if this was a bad idea or not. It wasn't even an idea, really just an impulse decision.

I hadn't been touched by someone like that. Never properly. Never as far as we have gone.

I know my inexperience showed. In the moment, I didn't even know what I wanted Wayne to do. My mind was blurry, and I let him take the lead. I was not disappointed.

"Wayne, where are my jeans?" I asked, not making eye contact.

"In the hallway," he said. "Sorry, I couldn't wait."

I bent over and slid them on. When I turned around, I ran into Wayne's bare chest. I didn't move away; I like being this close to him. I swallowed and he lifted my chin.

"Are you okay?" He examined my distant appearance. I gave him a small smile and nodded. Wayne looked like he actually cared.

"Where's your bathroom?" I'm kind of embarrassed saying this. He didn't seem to mind and pointed to a door in his room that I thought was a closet.

There's this tip that your supposed to pee after sex. I never thought I would need it anytime soon. Yet, here we are.

I washed my hands and stared at myself in the mirror. I mostly looked at the redness where Wayne took his sweet time kissing all over my body. My neck and stomach were sprinkled with pink spots. I pressed my lips together and smiled.

I quickly pulled on my shoes and Wayne sat on the bed next to me, dressed and ready.

"Beth, you can take your time, I have nowhere to be."

"I do, though," I added. "I have to be home by curfew." I don't even know if Mom is home right now, and I need to get back before these hickeys darken.

I stood up and looked down at Wayne. He just smiled up at me and didn't move. I tapped my foot and tried to show my impatience.

"Do you want me to walk or-"

"Oh, you want a ride?" Wayne asked sarcastically. "You should have just said so. Use your words next time."

I hate that when he stands, he towers over me. Wayne is about 9 inches taller than my five foot three ass. He walked out of his room and picked his keys up off the floor.

I followed him outside to his Toyota Camry. Wayne slammed me up against it and gave me my first hickey inside. I smirked at the not-so-distant memories.

Wayne drove past my house. I didn't ask him why, but when he exited the neighborhood, I was a little sceptical.

"I forgot, I need to pick something up."

"Anderson, what is open at," I check the time, "10:50 at night?"

He didn't answer me, just kept his eyes forward.

I can't believe we did what we did. I want to tell someone, but I don't know who I would. Anna already knows someone kissed me, but she doesn't know who. Ruby and Dominique are dealing with their feelings with each other, probably, and I don't want to pile this on them. I definitely couldn't tell Rogue, he is a little protective of me. I could tell Harley, she is no snitch.

I think it's best to keep my mouth shut.

Wayne pulled into a gas station. One of the gas pumps was cut jaggedly in half and the handle part missing. Is he gonna kill me here?

He parked and got out without an explanation. I stood awkwardly, standing by the car door and scanned if anyone was behind me. I felt a hand slip into mine and I flinched.