Prologue

There is a prophecy, one that has been misinterpreted throughout the ages.

It spoke of the balance between the light and the dark sides of the Force through the creation of two physical beings. One would be born of the power of each side, and together, they would bring peace to the galaxy.

Twenty-two years ago, the Force created two halves of one soul. One half was born of the light and the other born of the darkness. The strength of hope and peace brought a child into existence without the need for interference. In retaliation, the ambition and hatred of wielders of the dark side influenced the midichlorians to produce a child of darkness.

Their names were Anakin Skywalker and (Y/N) (Y/L/N).

(Y/N) (Y/L/N) was found by the Jedi Order as a newborn, where her powers were kept a secret by Master Plo Koon. Her strength in the Force was unusual for her age, but it was not yet suspicious. Her powers had not reached their potential, for her soul wasn't yet complete.

Anakin Skywalker, the product of the dark side, was found by Master Qui-Gon Jinn when he was nine years old. He lived as a slave on Tatooine alongside his mother, oblivious to his part in a prophecy spanning back thousands of years. If it weren't for Master Qui-Gon's knowledge in the history of the Force, he may have remained a slave for many more years.

In all that time, those nine years of life, their connection was never established. They were living on opposite ends of the galaxy, unaware that the other even existed.

At twelve years of age, they established a bond stronger than anything the galaxy has seen. They could communicate through the Force on a level beyond comprehension. They didn't need to be close, they could communicate from different planets, different worlds. Their powers weren't limited to their ability to communicate. They could draw off each other's strength, giving themselves seemingly unlimited power. They could feel each other's pain; physical or emotional. They knew exactly what the other was feeling.

They could do anything, as long as they were together.

Though these powers were beyond the capabilities of even the strongest Jedi Master, it wasn't their abilities that made them strong. The greatest power, the most lethal asset, was their love for one another.

There was a time when nothing and no one could come between Anakin and (Y/N). Their loyalty to one another overcame every challenge thrown their way. Their commitment to the love they shared saved more lives than just their own. No matter what they lost, they always had each other.

Everything was perfect for a while. The two married, making their bond even stronger. Their love was all-consuming, and it didn't take a genius to figure it out. Anyone who knew them, properly knew them, was completely aware of just how in love they were. They were always by each other's sides, never wanting to be parted. 

At the conclusion of the Clone Wars, a battle they were going to win together, the galaxy would finally be at peace. They were going to be free to leave the Jedi Order to raise their children. Their affiliation would no longer be with the light side and they would be free from the temptation of the dark side.

The prophecy was coming to fruition. They were going to be neutral in their alignment and likely would have brought a sense of galactic peace without realising it. When the embodiments of each said work together, balance is created. 

Everything was looking good for the people of the galaxy. That is until the dark side took over. Anakin unwillingly sold his soul to the dark side, unaware of the consequences that would come with it. Every decision he made was for his family; to save them. In the end, his actions cost him absolutely everything.

The good part of his soul, the part that made him Anakin Skywalker, was replaced by darkness. The person that remains is not Anakin, no, it is Darth Vader.

As far as the new vessel of darkness knows, (Y/N) Skywalker died on Mustafar along with their unborn children. The memory was planted in his mind by his former wife when she realised he was beyond saving. It was the hardest thing she ever had to do, and a decision she will regret for the rest of her life. 

Vader will go through his life believing that (Y/N) died, which is not entirely untrue. The beacon of light in her heart was extinguished when she left Anakin. He was her light. He was the only reason she could embrace her power. After giving birth to her children, (Y/N)'s connection to the Force was completely lost.

(Y/N), in a spiritual sense, died when her soulmate did. Unfortunately, the power of the light side of the Force died with her. 

So, what happens when an 'unbreakable' bond is shattered? What happens when an eternal love dies? What happens when the two halves of the galaxy's most powerful soul are separated?

The answer is...chaos.