CHAPTER 19 - 20

Chapter 19 – I've met a real beast (12)

TL: Zimming

Editor: bodyinthefreezer

"....Yes."

He knew how I felt.

"I'll just dance with you next time."

"Thank you, father."

"No, thanks to you."

Tenstheon patted my head lightly. It was the touch of a warm father. At that moment, the surrounding area became full of chatter again.

"Oh my! Did you see that? This time, His Majesty whispered first!"

"His Majesty patted her head!"

"I think I'm hallucinating!"

"I think so too! Did he get a mental disturbance while sealing the Door of Darkness?"

Just what kind of image did Tenstheon have before? Still, even though everyone was surprised by the gentleness of the Emperor, no one seemed to dislike it.

Everyone except for the Duke of Cassil that is. He looked at us disapprovingly, but when I looked at him, he quickly turned away.

Even though the song started playing, everyone was busy looking at Tenstheon and me.

"Even if you didn't get to dance with Blake, it's your first party as the Crown Princess, so just enjoy yourself."

"Yes, Father."

As soon as I walked down the platform, people rushed to greet me.

"Your Highness, you look wonderful tonight. I am Marquis Sheldron."

"Good to see you, Marquis Sheldron. Your son graduated second-ranked from the Knights Academy this time, right? Congratulations."

When I gave my congratulations, Marquis Sheldron's eyes widened.

"Lady Emily, congratulations on your wedding."

"Countess Marcion, I heard your precious grandson was born five days ago. The child will receive the Goddess of Light's blessings since the Door of Darkness was closed. You must be delighted."

There was one more thing that I made sure to learn carefully alongside ball etiquette and dancing. It was memorizing everything about the nobles.

I memorized the profiles of powerful aristocrats among the participants in the ball and the list of those who had special occasions to celebrate among the lower nobility.

I studied so hard I felt like I'd have gone to Harvard if I studied like this before.

The Empire was quick on marriage and tended to start social activities relatively early.

If Ancia had been active in social activities, people would suspect me, because I didn't know who Ancia was close to and who she wasn't.

Fortunately, Count Bellacian only supported Diana's social activities, and Ancia wasn't allowed to go out unless absolutely necessary.

In fact, it was part of the Empress and the Crown Princess' duties to learn the names of the nobles. Usually, however, they'd learn it naturally through social activities and receive help from their maid.

However, today was my social debut, and I greeted people without any help from anyone.

This should be enough to imprint the existence of Crown Princess Ancia in everyone's minds.