11| Grammy

Chapter 11: Grammy (Venus's POV)

He blinked, watching as I put my empty glass on the table and stood up to leave. I took one step forward and froze when I saw my mother. 

Don't turn around, Caden. Please don't. 

But he did. He spun in his chair and asked me, "Where are you going?" He straightened up, shooting to his feet when he saw my mother who was now walking over. 

"What are you doing?" she asked me. 

"I was just..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. 

"I was just getting her a drink, Mrs. Princeton," he spoke up. 

"And why would you be getting my daughter her drinks?" she replied, lifting a brow at him. She sighed, turning her attention back to me. "Stay away from him. Before your father sees you two. And if you must talk to him, then talk alone, understand?" 

I nodded quickly. 

She shook her head and then walked away and then I sighed, running a hand through my hair and walking away too. 

"Venus-" 

"Don't," I said slowly. "We're not allowed to talk for reasons, Caden. If our fathers had caught us just now, we'd both be thrown out." I scurried away, leaving the hall to catch a break. God knows I needed it. I headed to the nearest bathroom. I walked in there, giving the woman who was leaving a smile. I walked inside, sitting on the couch. I leaned against the wall and let out a sigh. 

I can't resist talking to him. That is the problem. 

After he left last night, I thought plenty, and I came to a conclusion. One, Caden Locke is a beautiful guy. At least on the outside. And two, I didn't mind the thought of him kissing me. And that second thought scared me a lot. He said he's attracted to me, which made it all a little better. But what now? We can't do anything. We have to suppress the attraction. It's just something about him, I don't know what. There shouldn't be anything considering he treats me like shit. He's almost a bully. But there's just something magnetic about him. 

Maybe he was right when he said 'we always want what we can't have' but in this situation, wanting him could really have me thrown out of my family. Or at least sent out of Cadara, I don't doubt it. And I don't even understand what it is that I want. I don't want to be with him because I hate him. I hate him, I still do. 

So then, what do I want from him? His body? To know him? To sleep with him? What the hell is it? As a virgin, I can confirm that I have never felt so drawn to a guy before. So, now that I am, I can't tell if it's just physical and sexual or something else entirely. 

"Why do I want you?" I asked myself, resting my elbows on my knees and holding my head down in my hands. The bathroom door opened and I thought it was just another woman until I looked up and saw Caden. "What are you doing here? Are you crazy? Someone might see you!" 

"Shut up." He pushed me back down to the couch. "Quiet." 

I kept my mouth shut, watching him pace a little. 

"Why do I want you?" he huffed. 

I watched him quietly. 

"What do I even want from you? Nothing can even happen between us," he mumbled. 

So he doesn't know either. Great. 

He stood in front of me, his arms folded across his chest. "I want your body. That has to be it, there's nothing I could get from you."