CHAPTER 35 - 36

Chapter 35 – What does the cat like? (3)

TL: Zimming

Editor: bodyinthefreezer

Next, I put the bean water in a cauldron, boiled it, and then stirred it slowly.

"Your Highness, be careful! Let me do it."

"Okay. Please do Terry."

It was hard for a child to do, so Blake and I backed out.

The adults put the boiled bean water into a large cotton-filled pocket. Hans and Edon had finished their work so they joined in too.

"It's hot so be careful."

"Don't worry, Your Highness."

They laughed lightly and pressed the cotton cloth with a spatula. The speed was slower than expected, so it was frustrating, but Edon tried to press it with a knife, to make the process faster.

The bean water squeezed from the cotton cloth went into the pot of cauldron.

"Your Highness, try this."

I handed the bean water to Blake in a cup.

"Okay."

"Eat carefully because it's hot."

"Oh, delicious."

"Delicious?"

"Yes."

I was thinking about adding sugar because I thought it would be a bit plain, but fortunately they enjoyed it.

"Wow, how savory! Your Highness is a genius."

"It's a drink from the East. Terry and the others did the hard part."

"No, I couldn't even think about making this. It's really great."

Chef Terry kept showering me with compliments as I scratched my head in embarrassment. Suddenly, I heard a cat meowing.

"Meow."

"Kitty!"

I held the black cat's body up in joy.

"How long has it been, kitty! Where have you been?"

"Meow."

The cat looked at the cauldron.

"Do you want soy milk too?"

"Meow!"

"Can a cat drink this?"

I thought about it but I couldn't think of an answer. There were no books about food that cats ate in this world, so I had no way to find information on what animals should or should not eat.

If I knew this would happen, I would have studied in Korea. I liked animals, but I couldn't even think of raising one because I used to live alone in a small studio apartment.

"Meow!"

The kitty nodded. Soybeans were good for the digestive system, so I hoped it wouldn't be bad for the kitty.

"Melissa, I'd like a small bowl for the kitty."

"Yes, Your Highness."

"Meow!"

The kitty's eyes glistened.

I put the kitty down and started making tofu again.

As I slowly stirred the hot bean water, it coalesced little by little and formed pure tofu.