CHAPTER 37 - 38

Chapter 37 – What does the cat like? (5)

TL: Zimming

Editor: bodyinthefreezer

Did he still have thoughts of coming to the Crown Prince's Palace?

Since I and Blake stormed into Tenstheon's bedroom three years ago, the two had never met face to face.

I wanted to force them to meet each other, but that could've given the Duke of Cassil an excuse to attack them.

The Emperor knew that, so he was holding back even though he wanted to see Blake too.

"How's he today?"

He asked about Blake's condition implicitly. He couldn't come to see him, but he was still worried.

"It's all right. He doesn't have a fever and he's enjoying himself."

"That's good. What about you, Ancia?"

"I'm very happy to see Blake and dad enjoy my food."

"Nonsense."

He spoke bluntly, but there was a slight smile hanging on his mouth.

"It's true, Father. Try some of this too. I boiled it for you."

"What about you?"

"I already ate."

"Don't you like spicy things? You wouldn't have eaten it when you were with Blake. Have a sip."

"Shall I?"

I thought I ate a lot, but when I saw the spicy stew, my appetite returned once again.

Should I try some of the stew? I couldn't overcome my desire and grabbed the spoon.

"Oh, it's spicy."

It was a bit disappointing that there was no kimchi in the soft tofu stew, but the tofu was very savory so it was tasty in its own way.

"It's delicious, isn't it?"

I was a little embarrassed after I said that. Was I boasting too much after I made it?

I was worried that I might come off as a little impudent, but Tenstheon had a subtle smile on his face.

"My daughter-in-law made it, so naturally, it can't taste bad."

"Hehe."

"Is there anything you want? Since you've served me such a precious meal, I'll give you a present."

Normally, I would have refused when he offered like that. Tenstheon sent me a gift every day.

It wasn't that I was greedy, and my room was so full of things that I didn't want anything more, but today was different.

"There's a place I want to go."

"Where? Just say it."

"Tenlarn Palace."

Tenstheon stiffened upon hearing my words.

"Tenlarn Palace?"

Tenlarn Palace was the last Palace of the Zelcan Empire, and at the same time, it was the first Palace of the Asteric Empire.

Phillip, the first Emperor, destroyed the Zelcan Empire, which had fallen to waste after indulging in luxury and pleasure, and established the Asteric Empire.

Although it was natural to build a new Imperial Palace when a new country was founded, Phillip used the Royal Palace of the previous era.

To build a new Palace, they'd need more money and labor. Phillip said he didn't want to burden the people who suffered from Zelcan's tyranny, so he changed the name of the Zelcan Altar Palace, to Tenlarn Palace.