twenty one

21. The Sun Also Rises

"My duty is to Klaus" Aria heard Greta, daughter of Jonas Martin, say to Elena, "The new order".

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner" Klaus said, walking over to the sacrificial grounds with Aria right by his side.

Aria looked around and saw Elena, Jules and a random girl Aria has never seen before surrounded by fire. Seeing Jules, Aria felt no remorse in her heart, she was the reason as to why Rose was dead, she was the reason as to why Rose suffered so much in her last moments, Aria didn't have it in her to feel any sympathy for Jules.

Elena and Aria looked at each other, both girls knew today was the last day they were human, or in Aria's case, a witch, after today both the girls would be vampires, something none of the girls were really ready for.

"Hello, my lovelies" Klaus greeted, the three girls, "Are we ready?".

***

"I've got the moonstone" Klaus said, pulling out the moonstone from his pocket, "I spent 500 years looking for this, I hate to part with it".

Klaus handed Greta the moonstone, "The moon has passed its apex, remember everything you need to do?" Greta asked.

"I remember" Klaus assured.

Greta nodded and turned to Aria, "Your turn".

Aria nodded and went to step towards the alter when Klaus held her arm.

"Did you drink the elixir?" Klaus asked.

For a second Aria froze, she didn't know what to say to Klaus, she couldn't tell him the truth because she knew he wouldn't go through the sacrifice, and Aria didn't want him to wait any longer to unlock his werewolf side, thousand years was enough wait.

"I'll come back" Aria assured, technically she wasn't lying, she was going to come back, just not as a human.

Klaus nodded, believing Aria's words, he let go of her and she stepped towards the alter.

Greta grabbed Aria's hand and made a cut on it, causing her to wince in pain. After making the cut, Greta let Aria's blood spill into the alter.

"That's enough" Greta said, after a good amount of Aria's blood had fallen.

Klaus quickly walked over to Aria, and tied a handkerchief around her injured hand, making Aria give him a small smile.

Greta then threw the moonstone into the alter causing it to explode, as soon as the moonstone exploded, Aria gasped and fell to the ground, feeling pain shot through her body.

"What's happening to her?" Klaus asked worried.

"It's a big spell Klaus, it's going to take a huge toll on her" Greta replied.

Both Jules and Aria yelled out in pain, Aria had never experienced this kind of pain before, when Grams and Bonnie channeled her, she never felt this, just felt weakness not pain.

"Everything I did, I was just trying to help Tyler" Jules told Elena.

"Are you Jules?" Elena asked.