Chapter 63

SMUT WARNING: Proceed with caution...

The news of Elizabeth shook all of Hogwarts' to its core, so much so that the next few weeks students were seen moping around the corridors. It was the first actual sign of war for every kid there, something that made her death even more shocking for everyone. And so as May came and went, a month that was usually spent partying, seeing as 2 out of the 5 Marauders' birthdays were during it, was instead spent in complete silence.

"Okay so I've got beans on toast with a side of bacon," Elsie came barging into Rory's dorm room, him being the only other person in there, "Your favorite, so get your arse out of bed."

The small brunette had been taking turns with Jay and Frank on making sure Rory didn't stay in bed all day and was eating properly every day over the past few weeks. But in all honesty, Elsie had been making sure to check up on him at least once a day. And thankfully, he was starting to get better little by little. However, that didn't mean getting him out of bed was any easier. Rory normally slept late, but now it was even worse. He was practically glued to his bed.

"Mghhh" a muffled voice sounded from under the mound of blankets on Rory's bed.

Elsie placed the tray of food down on his desk and walked over to him, ripping off the blanket while chirping, "Morning, sunshine."

Rory quickly covered his eyes while wincing from the amount of light that hit his face, "Godric, are you trying to blind me?!"

"If that means you'll get out of bed then absolutely," she chuckled while ruffling his hair and yanking him up into a sitting position.

"Bloody strong," the cranky boy grumbled under his breath while slowly standing up from his bed.

"Right, so," Elsie clapped while turning around and walking towards the tray of food she set down, "Like I said, I brought you beans on toast and-,"

Her sentence was cut off when she felt a strong pair of arms wrap around her from behind and plant a sloppy kiss on her cheek, "It's your fucking birthday, isn't it?"

Elsie giggled and nodded her head yes while sarcastically responding, "Is it May 29th already?"

Rory suddenly got quiet as she turned around to face him, scratching the back of his neck while slowly beginning to speak, "I would've gotten you something, but lately I-,"

It was now her turn to cut him off, lightly grabbing his hand and squeezing it while smiling, "I know, it's okay I didn't expect anything."

He nodded and smiled up at her gratefully, before raising a finger at her pointedly, "Then, what the bloody hell are you doing here?!"

"What do you-,"

"It's your birthday," Rory stopped her while placing his hands on either side of her shoulders, "Why are you checking up on me on your bloody birthday?!"

"Because you'd still be in bed if it weren't for me," she joked with him while booping his nose.

Rory rolled his eyes while dragging her towards the door, "I appreciate that, but I'm up now. Go enjoy your day, Frank and Jay will be back soon."

"Are you sure?" She looked up at him quizzically, as he opened the door to his room for her.

He nodded before smirking and crossing his hands over his chest, "Potter probably isn't too happy that I've been hogging you for myself."

Instead of responding to the joke, Elsie simply stared up at him with pure joy on her face. There he is...

"What?" He looked down at her, now raising his eyebrow curiously.