Go Away Ashley

"Alexx, Ashley is on her way toward you. She has Lily with her." Nat informed through my earpiece.

I nodded and looked at Steve. "Take Sarah somewhere safe. Get everyone somewhere safe and far from here. There is no way this is going to end well."

"Alexx..." Steve looked at me.

I shook my head. "She can't get away this time, Steve. Look what she's done." I motioned to the apartment building. 

Steve sighed and nodded as everyone started to get somewhere safer. I turned my back to them and looked for Ashley. She was only a few yards away, Lily in tow. There were also a few others behind them. 

Quite honestly, I couldn't remember why I liked Ashley in the first place. I remembered that she was always a jerk and pushed me around when I was with HYDRA. The only thing that stopped her from continuing was when I started developing my abilities. I was stronger and faster than her and I could easily take her down if she were to mess with me again.

I walked into the middle of the road, standing just a few feet away from Ashley and her group of baddies as the stopped. 

Thunder boomed above us and rain began to pour down, soaking us in seconds. 

"Lily, are you okay?" I asked. Lily nodded, her eyes red from crying.

"It's nice to see you again, Alexx." Ashley smiled. 

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I heard about Jess. Word travels fast."

"Yeah, well, what happened with Jess could happen to you. I'm not going to stop until HYDRA is destroyed. You included. Unless you give me a reason not to." 

"How cute." Ashley rolled her eyes and pointed at me. "Get her."

Ashley's group advanced, immediately pulling out guns and shooting at me. I knelt down and covered myself with my shielded wings. When the bullets stopped, I folded my wings back and stood up.

"Impressive. I see you've made use of those wings." Ashley commented as lightening flashed across the sky, followed by a clap of thunder.

Her men came at me again, but this time with knives and swords, trying to get closer to actually get a hit on me. I dodged their swings and used my own knife to counter their attacks. One man ended up getting his knife stuck inside my left thigh and I growled, punching him as hard as I could, launching him backwards. Another man slashed deep into my right side, and another sliced my left arm. Once my leg had been stabbed, I had become an easier target.

I threw the men away from me and ripped the knife from my thigh. I stood up despite the pain and activated my flames, which then covered my whole body as it healed me. The rain didn't stop my fire from burning, the drops sizzling as they hit the heat.

Ashley slowly clapped and walked toward me. Lily was held back by one of Ashley's men who hadn't attacked me.

I fell to the ground on all fours, tired from fighting and healing myself. Ashley walked over to me and stood behind me, kneeling down. She grabbed my hair and made me kneel as well. 

Ashley leaned toward me and whispered in my ear. "I'm glad you caught Jess. Now I don't have to search for her and killing her will be much easier. And I get to kill you now."

My eyes widened in terror. Ashley drove a long, thin blade into my back, driving it all the way through until I could see it emerge from my chest, and I screamed in pain.

She drew the blade out in a clean movement and I released another bloodcurdling scream. I felt the vibration of the blade as it scraped against my ribs and spine. Blood poured from my body, mixing with the rain, warming my skin and leaving my insides cold.

I fell to the ground, blood and water splashing onto my face as I hit the road. Ashley stood over me, water dripping from her face and hair, smiling as she watched me writhe on the ground. Her smile changed from amused to ecstatic. The thought of my death brought her pure joy.