❤ 08. 𝘾𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚

this chapter contains nsfw.
however, nsfw content will be on my tumblr

The way she leaned back against her chair, her arms dangled from behind the backrest of said chair

The way she leaned back against her chair, her arms dangled from behind the backrest of said chair. Head tilted up as she looked at the ceiling, nothing but her mind was clouded with work. She could hear the ongoing conversation about the contract that was being reviewed before bringing it over to the client who would be arriving soon.

She soon felt something cold against her forehead, where her pale purple eyes looked at the tired expression upon her closest friend's face. His features were far more defined now, nothing was exactly alright about the expression he had.

He was tired, and so was she. But she lets out a sigh as she reached out, grabbing hold of the cold can of drink he had bought for her, allowing herself to indulge the content it holds after she sat properly upon her seat.

Whereas he, settled next to her where his desk was at from the start. He watched as her pale purple eyes laid upon the photo frame she had on the desk next to the screen, how it was something dear to her after they graduated.

Taken with her seniors that graduated before them, one was missing from the graduation photos. Whether his betrayal was indeed for the better good or not, they wouldn't know. But she never dwelled on it, she did not want to probe too much about someone's decisions.

"My stomach hurts," she mumbled out and Nanami raised an eyebrow as he turned to look at her, grabbing hold of his coat he threw it towards her where she wrapped it around her stomach, letting out a sigh.

"Hm?" she mumbled to herself as she noticed her phone was ringing, how her eyes widened slightly at the name that appeared on the screen, which Nanami noticed as well.

"You haven't been answering him for all these years after graduation," Nanami pointed out and [name] lets out a bitter laugh at the one calling her. How when they graduated, he didn't bother to say a single word to her.

Maybe she had some sort of hopes for him to speak of the reasons behind his actions towards her. But nothing was heard, thus she had decided that she no longer wanted to have anything to do with him.

But why was it, the greater the distance, the fonder the heart grows?

"He's a bastard," she whispered out but couldn't help but to remember those times he would cling onto her, showing affection. Showering her with care and love if she dared to speak of it.

"Haibara did ask me about what you are doing. He said Gojo has been pestering him about your whereabouts and how you were doing," Nanami pointed out as he turned towards the screen on his desk instead, ready to start work once more.

"If he wanted to know how I am, he should come and visit me. Not snoop around for some sort of gossip that would lie about," she spoke out as she gathered her files, getting ready for the long meeting she had to attend.