Chapter 66

As soon as she opened the door, everything around her stopped. Her widened eyes locked onto those familiar brown ones that she once knew so well, and suddenly she was frozen to her spot. It was as if she was in a trance, a hypnotized stated of nostalgia as her brain flooded her head with memories of the boy standing in front of her.

"Gryffindor?" His words echoed in her mind, sending her back in time for a moment.

The small, brunette girl laughed at his joke as she slyly responded, "Ahhh so you're a smart arse?"

"And you're impulsive with a hero complex?" He teased back at her while gesturing to the Gryffindor tie wrapped around her white button-up collar.

"Touché," she giggled while nudging him with her elbow, "You're not too bad, Ravenclaw."

"I'll take that as a compliment," he chuckled and put his hand out in the air for her to shake, "I'm Benjy Fenwick."

"Elsie Figg," she smiled warmly, taking his strong hand in hers snd shaking it.

"Elsie?" His words once again rang in her head, snapping her out of the current memory she was reliving.

Benjy was staring at Elsie as if not a moment went by from the second he left, as if his heart never stopped beating for hers. She noticed how he had changed ever so slightly since the last time she saw him. His hair was longer and curlier, dipping off the side of his forehead. His arms were more muscular and the underneaths of his eyes were more sunken in than usual. Her gaze trailed along the features of his face, noticing how his left cheekbone was now interrupted by a scar, until her eyes landed on his lips. Those lips she knew so well...and suddenly, another memory flashed through her head.

"That was amazing, Benny," a small smile found its way to her face at the name she called him.

"You know," he trailed off while setting down the guitar and lifting Elsie up to face her body towards his, still keeping her in his lap, "I think there are better names you could call me."

His soft, pink lips collided with hers and moved in perfect sync with each other, sliding his tongue across her bottom lip for permission to enter. As she let him in, their tongues danced around in harmony while his hands slipped down her back to her waist. Elsie pulled out of the kiss, but kept her forehead pressed onto his.

Through panting breath and locked eyes, she whispered, "Like what?"

"Boyfriend," he panted from a lack of breath, placing a soft kiss on where her lips and cheek meet, "I want you to call me boyfriend."

She brought her lips over to his ear and longingly whispered, "Only if you call me girlfriend."

"Deal."

This time Elsie was snapped from her thoughts when a warm, familiar hand gently placed itself on her cheek. She slightly gasped at Benjy's touch in shock, before her eyes trailed up to meet his.

"Benjy," she breathed out in a voice low enough to be a whisper, too shocked to even process what was happening, "You're back?"

Benjy was about to open his mouth and speak when a voice sounded out from behind them, amusement seeping in his tone, "You're fucking kidding."

Rory walked over and placed his arm on one side of the doorway while leaning into it, a humorous smile playing on his face, "This is absolute gold. Potter's going to love this."

Elsie nudged him in the side as Rory stuck out his hand to Benjy, unable to contain his laughter, "I'm Rory, we've met before. Sorry, this is just fucking hilarious."