❤ 16. 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙮

"Oh

"Oh... You're so lovely indeed..." and he chuckled, watching as she remained immobile, wounds bleeding heavily as she stared blankly at the ground. The way her back was against the wall, bending forward slightly, blood trickling down the side of her face.

"So lovely, yet undeniable naive," he added on. She should have known better, she should have prepared herself better. She should have understood that the Higher-Ups would have a trick up their sleeves.

If only she knew, that they kept one of her kin alive all this while. If only she knew those bounties upon her head, were something planned to get rid of her existence.

"Hey, come on. Stay awake. Play a little more, won't you? Our little Hell's Sorcerer,"

◤◢◤◢◤◢

"Ijichi..." Nanami mumbled out, and Haibara shook his head after he had checked the pulse of the remaining of their comrade and close friend. Though they hardly were deployed on missions together, Ijichi made sure they would come back safely with open arms.

"Hold on, Nanami," and Nanami looked, noticing how Ichiji's body was starting to recover despite being damaged. He looked at Haibara for a split second, before turning to walk away. Leaving one of his best friends behind to look after the injured.

"H-Hey, hold on! Don't go in alone!" Haibara yelled out as he held onto Ijichi who was brought back alive by some unknown method. Till Haibara noticed the faint glowing mark that seems too familiar to him, glowing at the side of Ijichi's neck.

"There are several dead assistant managers... They just happen to not be in touch with [name]... Only Ijichi and Nitta will be the ones to recover, but the others..." Nanami whispered out as he started to walk down the path that somehow was guiding him to the culprit.

"I can't remember is it okay for me to kill non-black suits too?" Nobara recognized Nanami immediately.

"Nanami?"

"Hey, hey! Can't you read the situation here? What are you moving around for? I have got this girl here hosta- huh?" Haruta spoke out, confused as to where Nitta had disappeared but noticing that she had gotten away.

"She got away," and Nanami had appeared right behind Haruta.

"Where and how many of you are there?" and Haruta's attempt in slicing Nanami started, where he chuckled as he found joy in killing.

"Dunno," as he tried to kick Nanami, but noticed something was off, it was as if he was kicking a wall made out of stones instead.

"Huh? He didn't even budge. It didn't even feel like I kicked a person... Also... He's not cut!" Haruta thought to himself, surprised. Till Nanami grabbed hold of his pants tightly, pulling them slightly to gain his attention.

"Where and... How many of you are there?" he asked once more.

"Dunn-," and before Haruta could complete his answer, he was immediately attacked. Haibara lets out a sigh, whistling the moment he arrived as he watched Nanami in action. Nobara remained stunned as she watched what was going on as Nanami walked over to where Haruta had ended up in.