Chapter 51

Tanna Carson

"Luke I cannot believe you just made me do that." I say, completely out of breath as I fall down into my empty chair at our table.

"Come on, you loved it." My eyes widen, shaking my head vigorously as he sits down next to me.

"Easy for you to say Mr Rockstar." I roll my eyes while pouting, feeling his arm sling around my shoulders as he pulls me closer towards him. "You live for being on stage."

"I saw your smile up there, you cannot convince me that you didn't enjoy yourself, even if it was just a little bit."

I bite the inside of my cheeks, trying to keep up the upset facade up as I shake my head again, disagreeing with him.

"Baby." I feel goosebumps run across my skin, lighting up each sensory nerve in my body as he whispers into my ear. "Please don't be upset with me."

I release the hold I had on the inside of my cheeks, letting a giggle escape my lips, watching him with amusement as his eyes widen in realization.

"That wasn't cool, I really thought I upset you and on your birthday." He leans away from me, the pout that was once on my face now transferred to his face.

I quickly lean in, placing my lips on his, feeling the tension in his body leave immediately as he pulls me closer into him, trying to capture my lips fully.

I indulge in his actions for a few seconds before pulling back, leaving the smallest gap between our lips.

"Luke, our friends are most probably watching us right now." I whisper against his lips, watching as his eyes light up with amusement.

"Let them." He quickly places his lips back on mine making me laugh and pull away again while I shake my head at him.

"Later." I wink, watching his eyes widen with excitement as he nods hastily.

I bite down on my bottom, giggling again before turning to face the rest of the table.

"So Tan, when's your singing career taking off?" I huff as Alex teases me with a smirk across his face.

"Oh hush, I didn't say I could sing and definitely didn't choose to come to a karaoke bar." The rest of the table laughs in response at the two of us. "I don't see you getting up there Al."

"Yeah and I won't be any time soon."

"Alex man, you should go up and sing something!" Reggie says excitedly, trying to encourage Alex, along with Luke and Ella. "Your voice is incredible!"

"We're up next, you ready?" I watch as Willie walks up behind Alex, placing both his hands onto his shoulders before squeezing lightly.

I couldn't help but laugh at his wide eyes before he narrowed them, scowling at me.

"Was this your doing?"

"Nope, not at all actually, you can thank your boyfriend." I smile as he turns to look up at Willie, who smiles encouragingly at him.

"Tan." The voice from besides me catches my attention, snapping my gaze away from the couple before drawing it to himself.

"Yeah love?" I can't help the smile that crawls onto my face as I look into his eyes.

"I, um. Could you come with me for a second?" I furrow my eyebrows at his nervousness but nodding regardless, knowing I trust him completely.

I hold my hand out, placing it in his as I stand up, straightening out my dress as I walk behind him, letting him lead me to a quieter spot in the bar.

"Are you okay Luke?" I ask, genuinely worried for a second.

"No, I mean yeah." He chuckles at himself, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "Sorry."

"You know, you don't have to be nervous around me love." He nods slowly, keeping eye contact for a while before dropping his eyes as his hand fiddles in his pocket.

"I know." He says softly, a soft smile crossing my face as his eyes meet mine once again. "I got you something by the way."

He holds up a small black box in front of me, gesturing for me to take it from him.

"You didn't need to get me anything, having you with me is more than enough." I say honestly, watching him nod in understanding before he speaks.

"Remember, gotta let me spoil you once in a while." I take the box from him, thanking him softly as I slowly lift the lid of the box.

I can see his hand fiddling with the other as he watches me cautiously. I gently hook my fingers underneath the chain, letting it hang from the box.

I smile down at the necklace, letting my other hand hold the end of it, noticing Luke's favorite guitar pick attached at the bottom.

My fingers run over the engraved words, my heart tightening at the object in front of me.

Completely and utterly in awe of you

"Luke." His name slips out of my lips quietly as I stare down in awe before letting my eyes reconnect with his. "I love it so much, thank you."

"Of course Tan." He smiles down at me with his bottom lip caught between his teeth.

I hand the necklace over to him, his eyebrows furrowing momentarily until I turn around, letting my back face him as I move my hair to the side.

I feel his hands briefly graze over my shoulders as he hooks the necklace around my neck, clipping it before spreading my hair over my back.

I turn to face him, a huge smile across my face as I stare up at him, watching him look down at me with a dopey smile across his own face.

"You mean the world to me." I let the words slip without a second thought, wondering how I got so lucky.

I tilt my head up slightly, the heels helping with the height difference a bit more than usual. My lips connect with his, fitting together as if they were made for each other.

I pull away from him at the sound of his phone ringing, smiling at him as I tell him that I was going back towards the table, letting him answer the call.

I sit back down next to Ella, joining in on the conversation as I involuntarily fiddle with the guitar pick that was resting against my chest.

"As promised." My eyes snap over to Willie, who placed two drinks in front of him and Alex. "Here babe."

I watch Willie sit down next to Alex, as he hands him a drink while my eyebrows furrow out of curiosity.

"What you got there Al?"

"Not for you Tan, you're not legal." I roll my eyes at him, leaning back in my seat while shaking my head at him.

"I wasn't gonna ask to have some."

"Sure you weren't." He chuckles as I huff in response. 

"I'll just ask Luke when he gets back." I whisper underneath my breath, but he picks it up anyways.

"He's not gonna give you either." I raise my eyebrow, challenging him slightly with amusement clear on my face.

"You sure about that?"

"Where is Luke anyway?" Reggie speaks up from across the table, looking around the bar.

"He had to take a call, he'll be back soon." Just as I finished speaking, Luke ran up to the table, the excitement evident in his eyes as we all looked over at him.

"You alright buddy?" Reggie asks curiously as everyone's eyes remain on Luke.

He leans down, moving my hair to the side as he whispers into my ear.

A gasp escapes my lips as I nod at him, gesturing for him to tell the rest of them, smiling at the way he asked me, not wanting to take away attention from me on my birthday.

"Boys, we're playing Madison Square Garden!"