Chapter Two

Sam Lewis💫

Like I said, we had a problem. I rubbed my eyes to make sure they weren't playing any tricks on me. Then I shook my head with the intent of exercising my brain. You can't blame me, I got trust issues with myself.

I picked the letter once more after ensuring I was in a good state of mind.

Letter of admission from the Noble Boys Academy.

Congratulations Sam Lewis!
     You have gained admission to further your education at Noble boys academy, one of the best boy's school in USA.
We offer you a three-year art course and grant you a choice to decide on your part of specialism.
All other vital information including the reporting date are as follows:

I screamed like a maniac. Or I'm going crazy?

"No no no, this is some kind of sick joke."I muttered. What the fudge!
      I ran a hand through my curly hair and groaned, dropping my head into my palms.

I never applied for this school– I've not even heard of it so what is this? To top it all, it's a freaking boys' school! I know I said any other school will do but definitely not this one!

Ah, what is going on? Are they crazy! I'm a girl not a guy, how on earth am I supposed to attend an all male school?!

I groaned loudly and picked my phone to check up on Oxford and to my dismay, my inbox was null.

I banged my fist on the bed repeatedly and sighed. Ugh, what a sharp U-turn of mood.

My frustrations led me to an array of negative thoughts. I cannot stay home this whole year. Hell, I can't. Oxford has to admit me, this is a critically urgent case.

The scent of pork pie reached my nostrils, reminding me of what I'd been doing before this admission letter took me away.

     "Shit!"I exclaimed as I jumped out in haste.

Thankfully, the oven didn't blast and the pie wasn't burnt yet to my utter relief. That woman would've killed me. I put on the oven gloves to retrieve the pork pie before placing it on the counter then I decided to give Ivy a call right away.

"Pick up, pick up,"I muttered, drumming my fingers repeatedly.

After the third time of zero success, I gave up and resorted to taking my mind off it for a while.
I turned on the TV, tuning from Al Jazeera to VOA and opted to just leave it right there.
A beautiful news anchor was giving the midday news and I stared with no interest.

I must've fallen asleep cuz the next thing I heard was the persistent noise of our doorbell.
I yawned and ripped off to check on the human being messing with our doorbell.
I swung the door open to reveal my friend, Ivy.
She immediately pulled me in for a hug and though surprised, I hugged her back.

  "Are you alright?"she glanced up at me in worry.

    "Yeah. I called you..."

"Yes I'm sorry, the phone was charging."

I opened wider for her to come inside before closing the door.