|11|

- Dior -

Why?

Why would he say that?

Why would he pretend to be nice?

Did he really see me as a child?

I knew it, I cry all the time and act kid-like, him perceiving me in that way is inevitable. 

I can't help it though...

It's not my fault, is it?

I think I like him.

I like Mr Alistair. 

He was nice, and pretty, and cared about me. 

But it was all an act. 

I don't like Mr Alistair. I like who he pretended to be. 

(a/n that line tho, im so proud)

With my shoulders slumped, I sat on the couch with my brother and papa, a frown of my face and silent. I fidgeted with the strings on the pillows and the tassels on my blanket. The four of them were having their own private conversation, which I clearly wasn't a part of, as I replayed the words Luc- Mr Alistair said over and over again. 

How am I meant to face him next week?

It'll be so awkward...

No

I'll just pretend I didn't hear anything!

Yeah! That's going to work!

...I think

"Delilah?"

Or I could just confront him about it

No, that's too harsh. 

I can't even confront someone if I really wanted too.

"Delilah?!"

Oh! I can-

"Delilah!!"

"Huh?" 

"I've been calling your name for the past 5 minutes, what's wrong?" papa spoke in a concerned tone. 

"Nothing, I-I'm just a little shaken up 'cause of what happened earlier."

I lied. 

I never lie to papa. 

I'm not a good girl anymore. 

I'm a sinner. 

"I can take you out of school if you want, you don't have to go back-"

"No! Please don't, I'm begging you!" I pleaded, there's no way I'm stopping my education. 

"Okay, okay, I won't. But if something bad happens to you, I have no other choice."

Once he mentioned that, I remembered the picture Mr Alistair showed me. 

She's back. 

That devil is back.

My body trembles just at the thought of her. My mind going into a frenzy, terrified of what she may do to me, again

 I survived once, but I won't be able to if she does it for a second time. 

I only have so much strength in me to do it all over again. 

"Papa she's back," I whimpered, clutching onto the fluffy blanket I had covering me for comfort.

He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"We won't let anything happen to you, bambi, not again," Daxton reassured, but it didn't put my mind at ease.