Mystery To Own Self

This chapter is dedicated to @Poetristica. Thank you for your support.

                   "I'm a mystery, unsolved so many pages; still waiting to be solved."

She was sitting on her bed which was made of leaves. A clear sign that the crew won't stay here long. Suddenly she heard a voice, "Can I come in?"

She looked up to see those black eyes which held worry and concern. She nodded her head and Shawn came and sat beside her.

"Hey, what happened back there it's not your fault. They always fight with each other ."

She forced a smile and said, "What happened before, I don't know, I can't change that but I have to set things right when the fight is about me. My situation may not be the best but I can help you getting along or making fewer arguments. I'll try because I can."

Shawn held her hand and said, "I know you can." She forced a smile and nodded her head.

Then he said, "Now get up and come out from your shell of sadness, we have something to show you."

She smiled genuinely this time at his crazy behavior. He almost dragged her to the kitchen. She saw Ethan and Zarry peeling the skin off the animal they caught.

"What is it?"

She asked turning to them only to find their shocked face. Landon asked, "Did you just forgot its name?"

She furrowed her eyebrows and said sarcastically, "Yes because I also forgot my own name." Zarry then stepped in front of her and said, "Oh really? But last time I checked you figured out your name, right?" She rolled her eyes and pretended to be mad at them.

"Well well now is our queen angry?" Alex said in a baby voice. She couldn't help but smile.

"Okay, so she is smiling now," Shawn removed the fake sweat drop from his forehead, "Phew"

"Okay, Okay, enough drama," Ethan barged in, "Now, Rose, It is deer."

"A deer? Wow," She scrunched her face, trying to remember.

"So, are you just going to think or help us a little?" Landon asked.

She said, "Okay let me think. Um...How about no?"

They laughed and she said, "obviously I'm gonna help."

The dinner was amazing and everyone soon went to their bed. But Rose didn't. 

She sat there staring at the sky. The sky was full of stars. She suddenly realized she loved stars. How small they were but still everyone was aware that they exist with their small and light blinking.

"Rose," a voice suddenly snapped her back to reality. She's met with curious blue piercing eyes. Rick smiled at her and sat beside her. "Why are you up?"

She smiled and said, "Just thinking."

"About what?"

"Everything."

"Everything?"

"Yes, me, my remembering problem, you, them, the camp, this forest, nature, and probably THEM." She rambled.

"What do you mean by THEM?"

She sighed and turned to him, "You know, I may not remember who I am but I like to think there are some people out there who....who are waiting for me. You may think I'm insane but.....but it's the only way to keep me sane."

He patted her head, "You are not insane, Rose, you are brave, I know that it's not easy for a person to spend a week alone in this woods, no matter what, don't think low of you. You are stronger than you think."