✾15✾

It was in the middle of night when Hongjoong woke up, fluttering his eyes open, he noticed that he was not in his room but in the castle infirmary.

Trying to get up from the bed he was laying on, he felt some weight on his right hand, looking over to see what it was, it was Seonghwa's slender and soft hand holding his own. The older was sleeping in a very uncomfortable position, upper body was on the bed while the lower half was on a chair.

It wasn't until the blonde remembered what happened to him, the last thing he knew was passing through the castle gates and he saw the others at the entrance most likey waiting for him, he got off Star as a servant led his horse back to the stables. Every step he took towards them he felt his body getting heavy, vision started to become blurry, and ears started to ring, but before he could fall to the ground, he felt a pair of arms envelope his body and his name getting called.

Going back to reality he glanced at the older who was still holding his hand sleeping peacefully, Seonghwa must have brought him here in the medical ward because of his arm -which he saw that it was bandaged up- Hongjoong thought that it would be best that he didn't tell the other princes what really happened to him, not yet at least, they just got back together and he was not ready to let them go again, thinking that he could create an excuse for the cut that he has, the blonde closed his eyes shut as he felt the silver haired prince moving.

Now it was Seonghwa's turn to wake up, he looked over where the blonde was still laying and he felt himself getting more relaxed, the silver haired thought that the younger looked peaceful like this. Fixing his posture from where he was seated, his neck hurted a bit from the position he was in a moment ago and that he used his other arm as a pillow, speaking of which, the same arm was still holding onto the younger prince's hand, rubbing his thumb on the back of the blonde's hand, he thought of something that he might regret later.

Letting go of Hongjoong's hand, the silver haired lifted the covers of the bed and layed next to the injured prince, getting himself comfortable. He faced the younger and just stared at his features; his long lashes, cute pointed nose, soft cheeks, and plump lips, remembering his thoughts from when they were back at the picnic, he wanted to give the kiss a try but he decided not to do it thinking that he was taking advantage of the younger, so instead he gave him a small peck on the cheeks. Instantly getting a warm and a fuzzy-like feeling, like there were butterflies in his body, he touched his lips and the contact of the other's cheeks was still lingering, feeling accomplished Seonghwa finally went back to sleep with a small smile on his face.

But what the older didn't know was that the blonde was awake and aware of what just happened.

-
The sun rose from the horizon as it was a new day. Hongjoong was the first one up between the two princes, opening his eyes slowly to let them adjust to the light of the room, he looked to his side and saw that silver haired was next to him sleeping soundly, he stared at him like he was the most precious thing in the whole world, up until his mind presented him with last night's events.

The older prince slid into bed with him and gave him the most sweetest and slightest peck, just thinking about it made the blonde's heart racing and his face started to heat up, and if the peck from last night wasn't enough he looked at his waist and saw Seonghwa's arm around it, the way how the older held him made the younger feel like he was safe and it even felt more like home.

Feeling movement, the blonde got snapped from his thoughts and saw that the older was stirring from his sleep till he eventually opened his eyes. They met each other's eyes and at that moment it was just the two of them in their own world, like nothing else mattered as long as they were in each other's arms and that they were together.

But that got ruined by Hongjoong's mother and some maids entering the infirmary. Startled, Seonghwa quickly got up from the bed not wanting to give the queen any ideas of what just happened between the two.

“Hongjoong sweetheart, what happened to you?”

“Mother? what are you doing here?”

“What do you mean 'what am I doing here?' I'm your mother and you're my son that is injured so I came to see how you are doing, what else?”

“Calm down mother its just a cut plus I feel fine”

“A cut that made you lose quite a lot of blood, how did that even happen?”

“Oh, Me and the guards were walking around and a blacksmith who was holding some weapons passed us and accidentally slashed my arm” Hongjoong lied through his teeth, hoping his mother would take the lie.

“This why I keep telling you to be more careful, anyways I brought you and Seonghwa some breakfast- Oh? Where did he go?”

Noticing the other prince was nowhere in the room, Hongjoong  decided to find him later.