Chapter 15- broken guide

Walking back with those three I allowed my mind to twist and turn.
I knew where my loyalties lay, but it didn't stop me from sympathising with those from Marley. I could understand where they came from- after all those that had come four years ago had had the same opinions and views that these two children had. And they had been training to become the inheritors for the titans. Warriors.
In a way we had all become warriors.
A tune began to sound in my head and I hummed along to it. The three children turned to look at me and I smiled, placing my hands on my hips and humming that bit louder.
I knew what I must look like, but I didn't care.

On returning to the stables, I was intercepted by a messenger.
I was to return to the base. I looked sharply at the two marleans. And gave them a look not to get into trouble while I was gone, saddled Lucky and rode back with the messenger. I was disappointed not to go and sample Niccolos cooking but duty came first.
I had no idea why I was being recalled, but I knew in my heart it had something to do with Eren.
The public had begun to get stirred up by his imprisonment. They had begun to rally for him to be the one to lead Eldia into the new Empire.

All this and Historia was close to giving birth.
I raced forwards, surging through to the main capital. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed three scout recruits- ones I recognised.
I reigned to a halt and watched.
My stomach churned. Weren't they? Then it hit me like the lightning that transformed me and I wheeled around.
Behind me came the boom of an explosion.
Shit. What had they done now?
I tsked. Yet again more death, when would this end?

I raced forwards and watched.
In the sunset, one silhouette stood out to me among all the others. It walked slowly, dejectedly.
I cursed.
Who had let Eren out of his cage? Hadn't he learnt from his ass kicking? Clearly not.

The people crowding near him, armed to the teeth it looked as well. I hid, letting my horse go, telling it to go back to camp. I couldn't lose another horse.
I knew that Armin and Mikasa would not be far behind.
I watched.
My hand twitched and I slowly moved the ring that I had fashioned, much like one Annie had worn longing ago, and placed it on my finger, the sharp point blinking slyly in the dying sun.
It looked like the old tale from my old world- sleeping beauty. She pricked her finger and fell into a one hundred year sleep. What it would do to me, was just the opposite.
I hadn't thought much about my old world through the years, the stories however were a true thing, and I would tell the stories. I even told a few to Eren, Armin and Mikasa when they were young.
All the orphans too. I would tell them a story before they would sleep.
My heart ached.

My hands began to shake.
How many more orphans would this cause?
How much more pain and suffering all in the name of peace?
I looked towards the man I called my brother.
"Once I called you brother, once I thought the chance to make you laugh, was all I ever wanted. An even now I wish Ymir had chose another, standing as your foe on her behalf. Is the last thing that I wanted.
This was my home, all this pain and devastation, how it tortures me inside to see all the innocents suffer from your stubbornness and pride." I sang to myself, my eyes never leaving my brother.
He walked right up to the crowd, one man stood out to greet him, handing him something.
Eren took it.
Opened it.
Swung it around himself.
A coat huh?
Had he transformed to release himself from his cell or had he just left as he was?
"You who I called brother, why must you call down another blow, is this what you wanted? Let my people go!"
I pricked my finger and transformed.

Lightning flashed across the sky.

I gave a yell as I ran towards the group.
Eren stood there and watched me. The crowd cocked their guns and began firing at me. I just let them.
"Let my heart be hardened, I don't care how high the cost will go." I growled. "Let my people go!" I cried again, and landed in front of him. My chest heaved, steam rose from me in thick waves.
Mostly from the change but also from the gunshot wounds.
He just stared at me deadpanned.
I saw a small ounce of fear in his eyes.
"We can't stop her!" I heard the crowd call.
Eren held out his hand.
"Find where Zeke is being held." He said. "She won't hurt me."
I roared. "You want to bet you who I called brother!"
They gasped. "She can talk!"
I roared again, sending a jolt through their bodies, I saw it.
I showed them what I could really do, did they want me to turn them into mindless titans? Ones that I would then destroy?
They shakily moved away from me.
"Eren, stop this now." I growled angrily. "What would your mother think about who you have become?"
I saw that shock him. Then his face became that mask.
"I will never know, because my fathers first wife ate him." He replied.
"Yes, and your half brother Zeke is related to her? You gonna let him dictate to you what you should do? Is that the man your mother raised?" I growled again. "No. She would be dragging you by the ear right now, no matter how tall you are, and dragging you to make this right!"
"You never knew my mother." He said calmly. "So how would you know?"
"Because..." I felt the hands inside my chest shake. I was hidden there, they knew to go for the nape. They wouldn't think I was in the heart. "Because I had a mother once just like her."
His face widened to match his eyes.
"My mother would have thrown a slipper at me for doing something wrong and then she would drag me to who I had done wrong to and make me a better person." I was lying but I didn't care. I knew that if Carla were here she would have done all this. From the way Eren always spoke about her, that was the impression I got. Mikasa talked of her often too. When they had wanted to ease the pain of training back all those years in the Cadet corps, that's what we would talk about.
He looked at my eyes.
And was silent for some time.
"Don't Let What you hear and see dictate you Eren." I said less growls and more like myself. "Remember what I always say?" I said holding out my Titan hand to him pointing to his heart.
"The ones we love will always be with us, because they are right there?" I looked him straight in the eyes. "What does your heart tell you? Would your mother want you to kill the innocent, to keep fighting, destroying those you hold dear?"
I let him think, then I knew that the crowd would attack me with everything they had.
They wanted the New Eldia Empire? Well I would give it to them!
"Think Eren! What would this cause? More children like you, Mikasa and Armin? More orphans? Is that really what you want?" I stepped back. "If it is, then what else do I have to say. You've decided." I knew by looking at those eyes of his, and without him telling me I saw what he had planned.
Genocide.
Complete genocide.
I stepped further back from him.
"Is that why you refused to tell me?" I asked softly. "Because that's the plan? Does Zeke know of your scheme?"
He just looked at me.
"What side do you fight on?" He merely asked.
"The right one." I replied.
"Then join me sister?" He held out his hand. "Help me?"
I shook my gigantic head. "No Eren. I once called you brother- but this. This we can never return to the way we were. Your side is not the right side, it's the one that will cause more death." I stepped further back. His eyes shuttered closed for a second. And his breathing deepened, like I had severely injured him.
My heart ached.
"Once I called you brother, once I thought the chance to make you laugh, was all I ever wanted. And even now I wish Ymir had chose another, standing as your foe on her behalf. Is the last thing that I wanted.
This was my home, all this pain and devastation, how it tortures me inside to see all the innocents suffer from your stubbornness and pride. You who I called brother, why must you call down another blow, is this what you wanted? Let my people go!" I sang and sprinted away from him.
I heard him call out for me, but his voice mixed in with the gunfire and the shouts.
My heart splintered into pieces then and there. Tears began to stream from my eyes.
The war for new Eldia had begun.