chapter 4- Carl: Who the hell is that?

Note from the author:  This chapter contains ⚠️Smoking/vaping and drinking 

Carl Gallagher's point of view

"Did you know that when guys get hanged they get a boner?" I tell Debbie. The one thing learned in anatomy this year.

"Carl that's gross! I really didn't wanna hear that." Debbie replies with a look of 'grossed out' on her face. 

We're sitting in her room, she's flat ironing her hair. Currently, I'm slumped on her bed. Debs is lucky, she has her own room. Why can't she share with Fiona and I get this one? Oh right, Fiona and Debbie are in beef. Debbie turns around, faces me, and stares at my body. The expression on her face looks disgusted.

"Is that what you're wearing?" She judges. I mean I'm wearing a hoodie with the sleeves ripped off and blue jeans. To be honest I don't know what I'm supposed to wear.

"Yeah, why?" Cluelessly I ask. Debbie and I are the only ones going tonight. We're the closest with dad. Lip's babysitting Liam, Ian's nowhere to be found, and Fiona's working.

"You look like a garden gnome," Debbie chirps. That's offensive.

"You look like a high school rejects who got knocked up and whose boyfriend left her, oh wait you already are!" I growl playfully back. Debbie spins back to the mirror to continue working on her hair.

"I was just trying to help Carl, you have to look presentable. Just let me help you!" Debbie grumbles. 

Debbies wearing Fiona's black dress. We can't waste any money on a party that will celebrate a marriage that won't last. But I guess Debbies is right. Maybe she should help me, for Dad's reputation with his new lady's sake.

"Fineeee," expressing my change of heart. Debbie puts down her hair tool, then calls me to follow her.

After what feels like hours of searching through Ian and Lip's old clothing Debbie finally found something acceptable. A white button-down shirt, and beige khakis.

"Basic but it'll do! You're gonna look like a million bucks. 

Rolling my eyes I grab the outfit out of her hand and quickly get dressed. As for my hair, I part my hair in the middle creating a middle part. Debbie says girls love this hairstyle. I guess it'll do. Then I grab my backpack off my bunk bed.

"Debbie are you ready to go!" I call down the hallway. Debbie steps out of her room and she's wearing large hoop earrings and lots of makeup.

"Yep, who's driving us?" Debbie asks like I know the answer. I mean I did have to run lots of errands for Frank today, that's what he needed my help with. I had to find him a suit, flowers, and a caterer. Not an easy job.

"I mean I could?" I suggest. Debbie rolls her eyes.

"Carl you would literally kill us, you're like YEARS away from your license. Nice try!" Debbie yelps already heading downstairs.

"So how do you think we're gonna get there? The party is on the other side of the city Frank said," Huffing and following my sister down the stairs. Rushing we slip on our shoes.

The sky is dark, a navy blue color. The air is crisp but not cold enough to wear a jacket. I spot a large limo parked outside our house.

"Debbie, did you order this?" I wonder nodding my head in the direction of the limo.

"Hell no,". Suddenly the driver steps out of the car. He heads towards the front gate where we're standing.

"Mr. and Ms. Gallagher? I'm here to take you to Frank Gallagher and Shannon French's party," The driver informs us.