12| Sleep

Chapter 12: Sleep (Caden's POV)

She nodded slowly, clearly relishing the power I'm giving to her. 

It's way beyond me now. It's gone over my head. 

Why the hell am I handing it to her? I really want her body that badly? I'm really that desperate for her? 

Her body, I mean. The problem isn't that I can't resist her. I know I can. But I just... I don't want to. Even though I'm meant to. For once, I don't want to do what I'm told to when it comes to Venus Jade Princeton. I want to do what I want to do. And at the moment, that is anything but resist. 

And the best, biggest loophole in this situation. No one will know. She looked at me, extremely confused but also curious. 

"And how do you plan to find out?" she asked. 

"I know you're going to say no," I began. "I know you know better than to risk getting involved with me for the sake of your family and whatever drama is between our families. But also know you don't really hate me, Venus." 

She blinked, folding her arms across her chest and listening intently. 

"So, while I know you won't agree, I plan to make you," I smirked, stepping forward. 

She had the power. She enjoyed it. She relished it. 

Because I let her, because I gave to her. It's high time I take it back. 

She clearly sensed it. She knew what I was doing now. 

"Make me?" she asked. 

"I will, don't doubt it," I said, stepping even closer. 

She took a shaky step back and her legs hit the couch. She sat down on it and caught herself. 

Oh, we're doing this again. 

I smirked, leaning down, resting my hands on my knees. "And since I now know for a fact that you don't hate me and you won't pull away when I..." I leaned in, my lips barely brushing against hers. But I didn't kiss her. Even though she didn't pull away. I chuckled, looking at her. "I know you want it. Whether you admit it or not," I smiled. "So, don't worry. I'll make it happen for both our sakes." 

"I don't want to sleep with you, Caden," she said slowly, glaring up at me. 

"Stand up." 

She shook her head. 

I sighed, "Again? We're doing this once more? You know I'll make you." 

"You didn't last time," she shrugged. 

"Because you listened last time," I retorted. "And I don't like talking to you like this. Looking down at you. Get up." 

She stared at me blankly, refusing to listen. 

I sighed, bending at my knees and scooping her up bridal style. She squealed and I seated her by the sink on the countertop. "Now at least we're eye to eye," I smirked. She pulled her knees together, trying to keep me at a mediocre distance. But I held her knees, pushing them apart and standing between her dress. "Now, what was I saying?" 

We both froze when we heard the voices of a few women heading to the bathroom. I pulled her off the counter and pulled her into a stall, locking it shut. I kept her back to the door and stood in front of her so her dress was hiding my feet. She opened her mouth to say something but I shot her a glare and she quieted down. I put my palms on the door behind her and we both held our breath as the women walked in.