3

"Candor or dauntless Koa." I looked at Zander as I took a bite of my food. I swallowed my food and took a sip of my water. It was dinner time and that's the time we usually play this game unless I have work to do.

"Dauntless."

"Okay, you know Andy? Go over and play the knife game with him." I scoff I hated Andy with a burning passion.

"Fine." I stand up making my way away from the table heading over to Andy and his group.

"Oi! Andy! Let's play the knife game!" I moved his buddies over so I can sit across from him. Everyone turned to watch.

"Okay." I take a knife from his friends and Andy grabs his.

"We are playing with a twist no looking down at your hands." I smirked. He nods at the challenge and we start to play. The blade hitting the table in between my fingers each time I picked up the pace glaring at him.

I saw him winch he cut his finger slightly. I kept playing till I lifted the blade and stabbed his hand. "FUCK!" He yelled out and I smirked trying not to laugh.

"What the hell koa?!"

"That's for testing me and thinking this would be a normal game." I shrugged getting up.

"Hey Koa! That's where we eat! Couldn't you done it somewhere else?!" Someone in the crowed joked causing us to break out in laughter.

"Hey!" Andy called out annoyed that we cared more about the table then his hand. I walk past the initiates looking down at them with a smirk leaving the dinning hall.

|~~~|~~~|~~~|

I jumped up breathing deeply I looked around to realize I was in the spear bedroom of Eric's apartment. I soon heard a large crash. I tensed I noticed it was raining.

A shiver went down my spine. Tossing the covers off my legs I stood up putting on shorts and a thick long sleeve.

Making my way quietly to the kitchen I made myself a cup of tea, I preferred coffee but I needed to sleep and coffee would just keep me awake.

I looked at the time it was around 1am. I grabbed my cup of tea heading to the couch that was near the floor Length windows. I sat down tucking my feet underneath me.

Once getting comfortable I picked up my note book and my favorite pen. I flipped to an open page. Placing it in my lap I took a sip of my tea before I started to write.

Most the time during storms I couldn't sleep. The loud crash of lighting and thunder kept me awake. But I found it very Beautiful how something so loud and deadly can be so calming and pretty.

I didn't hear the door open of the apartment as I was so into what I was writing. Most the time I would write poems short meaningless one. Some meaningful ones.

Eric's POV

I walked into my apartment it was late I was tired I just finished meetings paperwork and checking the initiates.

When I looked up I saw a lamp on and a figure sitting on the couch facing the windows. It was Koa. Her long brown hair was down she was wearing a large white long sweatshirt with a cup of tea next to her.

 Her long brown hair was down she was wearing a large white long sweatshirt with a cup of tea next to her

I made my way over to her I put my hands on the edge of the couch leaning over. "What you doing there little dove?" She squeaks jumping up hitting my nose my hand goes to my nose.

"Fuck!"

Koa's POV

I jumped hitting my head on his nose. I closed the book right away turning around. "Eric?!" I practically yelled and I saw his hand over his nose. "Oh shit I'm sorry!"

I moved over quickly dropping my book on the couch and moving his hand from his face making sure he's okay.

"Hello to you too little dove." He chuckled and moved away from my grasp. "I'm fine don't worry about it."

I rubbed the back of my neck before sitting on the couch. "What are you doing up so late little dove?" I hum looking over as he sat down next to me letting out a sigh.

"Couldnt sleep." I shrugged like it's no big deal. "What about you Coulter? What you doing up at this our."

"Well since someone I know choose to hit the hay early I had to pick up on there slack and mine plus meetings" Eric seemed tense and stressed. I felt bad for hitting him.

"Here, why don't I give you a massage." Eric looked over confused and lifted a brow with a smirk.

"Do you just want to see my shirtless? Cause if so all you got to do is ask little dove." He teased. I rolled my eyes picking up my mug that was now empty putting it in the sink.

"No, it was as an apology for hitting you in the nose with my head. But fine don't accept it just keep all that stress in your shoulders." I spoke calmly stretching. Heading back to my room.

"Fine." I turned looking over at him seeing him starting to take off his shirt. I suck in a breath seeing his back muscles flex.

I make my way over he got comfortable laying on his stomach I climb onto him setting on his lower back. I put my hands on his back gently.

"Focus on my shoulders." He mutters his face in the pillow his arms crossed underneath it. I hum gently. I dug my small fingers into his muscles, I felt him move a bit and smiled.

I made my work soft and light before going a bit harder working out the muscle knots he had. "Damn Coulter what you got so much to stress about Hm?" I teased he moved propping his head up.

I stopped paying attention to why he was moving and just kept working one shoulder at a time.

"My darling, you hold so much sadness in your eyes, I can almost touch the scars of your soul and cry." I heard him say my head snapped up to see he had my poem book.

"Eric!" I went to reach for it but he moved before I got it.

"Stop I wanna know what they say." I grumble embarrassed. "Don't worry little dove just keep working on my shoulders. After seeing this one I wanna see the rest."

"Fine..." I mumble. Heat rushed to my cheeks no one has ever read my pomes before and never out loud. I kept working on his shoulders. Once I finished I got off his back. "Done. Now give that back." I went to snatch the book back but he moved sitting up.

"Come on, these seem really good but I don't get them. Why don't you read them to me?"

"Your erudite is showing." I teased back snatching back my book.

"Really? Your amity was showing when you hit me and gave me a free massage."

"Fine. If you let me sleep I'm tomorrow."

"Deal." I smirked sitting back down on the couch Eric sat up putting his arm on the back of the couch leaning over looking at the small book.

"Tiny stories." I spoke calmly. " The saddest word in the whole wide world is the word almost. He was almost in love. She was almost good for him. He almost stopped her. She almost waited. He almost lived. They almost made it."

I read some more pomes to him he looked genuinely interested in them. Lot of them where sad or about love or had really deep meanings.

I soon heard soft snores next to me. I smiled looking at the time it was around 3am at this point. I knew he had to get up in a few hours. I grabbed a blanket from my room.

I gently laid him down putting the blanket on him softly. "Sleep well all mighty dauntless leader..." I whispered with a smile heading to my room to sleep.