Chapter 74

It was strange, Elsie thought, how much life had changed since they all left Hogwarts, and she wasn't quite sure how to feel about it. It was as if a group of kids suddenly were thrown into an adult world, a world of light and dark with absolutely no in-between. For Elsie it was simple; she was always bound to fight for the light seeing as it practically radiated through her veins. There was no other option for her, even if she did have a choice. But it wasn't until half way through the year of 1979 that Elsie realized the weight behind the notion of making a choice.

She was leaning against the kitchen island looking out at the rain falling from the grey clouds through the window. It was dark out, the clouds blocking any speckle of sunlight from shining through, and water droplets were heavily crashing down onto the ground. An eerie chill ran down her spine before the feeling was interrupted by two arms wrapping around her torso from behind.

"Who needs the sun when you're here, Mrs. Potter," James, who had just woken up and trailed down into the kitchen, rasped into his wife's ear as he softly bit down on the area where her neck met her shoulder.

"Ever the charmer, Mr. Potter," Elsie giggled while turning around and settling her tea on the countertop. She playfully rolled her eyes as her gaze fell down her husband's body, only a singular pair of boxers on his body.

"Where are the rest of your clothes, you git?" She questioned playfully as James ran his hands slowly up and down her arms and began leaving a trail of kisses up her neck.

In between kisses he whispered in her ear while raising a suggestive eyebrow, "Why should I put clothes on when you can take them off?"

Elsie rolled her eyes teasingly while she felt her body being lifted onto the countertop, a sense of warmth filling her aching need for the sun as James' lips pressed against her skin, "You do realize that we live with Sirius, Remus, and your parents still, correct? They could walk in at any moment."

"Moony and Padfoot are probably...busy...with each other," he pulled his lips away from her as he laughed at the words he just said before continuing, "And I checked on mum when I woke up. Both her and dad are...erm... feeling a bit off after their mission last night."

He reattached his lips onto the girl in front of him, this time onto her own soft lips, whispering into them sensually, "Meaning we have the morning all to ourselves."

Elsie kissed back firmly, feeling as if she could never get enough of the godly man that was her husband. Her hands found the back of his neck and she immediately ran her fingers through the bottom of his messy hair. His tongue slipped into her mouth longingly and his hands trailed down the soft skin on her back.

"Mrs. Potter," James groaned into her mouth as her arms fell down to his toned chest, "Have I ever told you how fucking delicious you are?"

A slight blush rose to her face and he couldn't help but place a small kiss on the apple of her right cheek, "I love you, Els."

She was about to respond to the boy in front of her when the sound of pecking interrupted the moment the two were having. James pouted as he pulled away from Elsie and grumbled something about a stupid bird under his breath as he opened the window for the prestigious looking bird that held a letter in its grip. The owl immediately flew over to Elsie and dropped the letter into her hands, James feeding the familiar bird a treat before letting it back into the stormy sky.

"A Black family owl?" James curiously stared over at Elsie as her expression mirrored his.

She slowly opened the envelope and began reading the words that were dated from two days ago, James watching as her entire mood completely shifted while doing so. Her face grew pale and her eyes were wide while her fingers gripped tightly onto the paper. He quickly rushed over to her side and rubbed her back, reading the words that caused his wife to shut down.