Chapter 40

HI GUYS! Currently very angry as I write this. If you didn't see my message board this morning, I got locked out of my Wattpad account. I have no idea what happened, as you guys know the update was supposed to come last weekend! It took all week to get back in, had to contact so many Wattpad supports!! Ugh, I'm so sorry y'all!!

Cedric dying.

Fred.

Dumbledore's Army.

Never seeing Serena.

Joining the Order.

Spying on the Death Eaters.

Everything with Sirius.

So much has happened in the past year, it honestly feels surreal to Cassie. Everything in her life is different now, but for the first time in a while, she feels peace in where she's at. Of course there were still moments of sadness she faces when it comes to Fred, Cedric, or even when she simply misses Serena, but other than that, she was happy.

There was so much joy currently surrounding her life, it was almost too good to be true. Something was off, there was no doubt about that, but she wasn't about to waste these moments.

It was a normal evening on June 20th. Cassie was surrounded by her father, Remus, and Tonks having a good time, something she never thought would happen. Never would she have thought she would be at this point, not hating her father's guts, but yet, here she was.

Alas, everything was going right. They were laughing, smiling, simply having a good time, but like all things in Cassie's life, it all seems too good to be true.

The three of them were conversing about the most random of things when they were cut short by a bright blue light of a patronus appearing in the middle of the apartment. As soon as it came into viewpoint, the bad feeling returned in Cassie's stomach. She didn't know what it was, but something wasn't right, and it seemed as though this was just the beginning.

"The boy believes Sirius to be taken by the Dark Lord. Him and his foolish friends are planning a rescue mission at the Department of Mysteries. Be prepared," Snape's distinct nasally voice rang throughout the room, shocking everyone.

As if on cue, the familiar burning sensation on her arm returned, causing Cassie to let out a groan.

"Cassie? What's wrong?" Sirius asked as he noticed her distress.

"It's them. They want me to come to Malfoy Manor, no doubt it's about Snape's message," she explained while rubbing her stinging forearm.

Remus sighed, "They're setting Harry up in a trap."

"I knew we should have told him the truth!" Sirius exclaimed. "If he knew, then he would have known this was a trap."

"There's nothing we can do, Sirius. I'm sure him and his friends are already making their way over to 'rescue you'," Tonks said.

"What's the Order going to do?" Cassie asked. "I'm sure Dumbledore already knows and is gathering the members."

"My guess is we'll show up there as well. If you're being called I'm guessing they want Death Eaters there waiting, so we'll have to go help," Remus speculated.

Cassie nodded nervously, "I guess I should probably get going now then, don't want it to be suspicious that I'm taking too long..."

"We should get back to headquarters anyways, Dumbledore is probably already there," Tonks agreed.

The four of them made their way out of the apartment, but before Cassie could apparate away, Sirius grabbed onto her arm. Tonks and Remus had already said their goodbyes and left, so it was only them two.