3 | Brother

Yesterday was too tiring since Mr Knight was away

Yesterday was too tiring since Mr Knight was away. I had to do all his work and mine. I had to answer all the phone calls he received and I had to still run around for the monthly review. Today was a fresh day and yet I was really tired. I was looking forward to the weekend so that I could finally have some time to myself, with Vi of course.

I was sitting in my cabin waiting for my lovely boss to arrive. I couldn't believe he was late today and that too for a whole hour. His coffee was cold so I had just made him a new one. I hope he comes before even this gets cold. Suzane peeped inside my room. "He is here, not in a good mood though," she said, warning me.

His mood was never great or he was just good at hiding whatever it was. I grabbed my things and his coffee and walked into his room after knocking. "Good morning, Sir," I said, handing him the coffee.

I told him his schedule and when I finally looked at him, that's when I noticed him looking blankly at the wall. "Mr Knight?" I asked. "Yes?" he said looking at me, making me look at him in confusion. "Do you want me to repeat the schedule?" I asked. "No," he said. That was his way of saying leave so I did. I went back to my cabin and put everything back in there and grabbing my phone I went downstairs to get all my monthly sheets that were remaining.

Taking the stairs I effortlessly walked in my heels. My mom would be proud of me, the girl who spent her whole life in sneakers walking and skipping in heels was a great sign. As soon as I reached the finance department which was just two floors down from ours. Everybody greeted me. I went in to see Mr James get the sheets from him.

"Hello, Mr James, are the sheets ready?" I asked. "Hello, Isabella! Here you go dear," he said, handing me the sheets. "Is everything okay?" I asked, looking at him as he furiously typed on his computer. "Yeah... I am just... so my wife and I have our 20th anniversary and I don't know where to take her!" he said. "Can I suggest something?" I asked. "Please do!" he said.

"What was more memorable for you guys' first date or first anniversary?" I asked. "Date!" he said immediately. "Awesome! You can recreate the entire thing and probably give her a ring or something proposing again!" I said. He smiled widely. "You are such a sweetheart! Thank you so much!" he said, giving him a fatherly hug. "You're always welcome!" I said walking away. I walked downstairs to the other departments to collect the sheets and when I finally reached the last floor my phone started ringing.

Mr Knight.

I immediately picked up. "Ms Kingston? In my office, now!" he said, ending the call right to my face. I sighed, getting in the elevator and going back to the top. I walked by Suzane who gave me an apologetic smile. "Yes sir?" I asked politely. "Do you have the reports of the monthly review ready?" he asked. "It will be ready in an hour," I said. "Good, it better be and I need you to reschedule all my meetings after 5," he said. "Yes Sir. Anything else?" I asked. "Get me a coffee," he said.

I ran out to the pantry to get him a coffee and by the time it was done, I had rescheduled all his meetings. I placed the coffee on his desk and I was about to walk away when he called. "Yes Sir?" I asked. "We have a meeting this weekend," he said. Oh No! Not this SUNDAY! "Umm Saturday or Sunday Sir?" I asked. "I don't know yet. Do you have a problem?" he asked.