27

"Can you just keep driving?" Sykkuno sighs.

"Why couldn't you just drive yourself?" Toast complains, obviously pissed that he had been called in the middle of the night to drive for his friend.

"I needed company, Toast. Can you stop complaining and understand for a second." Sykkuno says in a calm, firm voice but the anger behind it is easy to sense.

Toast shuts up at that. He doesn't ask Sykkuno about why he's here in the middle of the night, planning a road trip miles away with Toast.

They stay silent for most part of the trip, Sykkuno breathing deeply but harshly, looking out of the window for so long that his neck might ache from the angle. The moon is up in the sky casting a glow on Sykkuno's face, but he just looks sad. Toast wants to ask, but he refrains until the urge is just too great.

"What happened?" He sighs. "Just tell me."

"Corpse might have... said some things."Sykkuno says. He adds, "In a moment of rage."

"What things?"

"He said things about how I have it easy with my parents." Sykkuno sighs, knowing the whole angry dad speech coming from Toast already.

"What the fuck? What does he even know about you??"

"Toast, seriously. It's not that big of a deal. He didn't know. I haven't told him anything."

"No, Sykkuno. Don't you take this blame all on yourself. If you haven't talked about it, it means that you're not comfortable doing that. That doesn't give him the right to make assumptions and yell at you about it."

"I know." Sykkuno nods, tears forming in his eyes again. He stares back outside the window again.

Toast takes the hint to shut up and keeps driving.

~

"Hey." Sykkuno says when he unlocks the door and steps inside.

"Sykkuno?" Corpse shoots up from the couch he was laying down on and rushes towards the door.

He comes closer and stops right before him. Sykkuno stares back at him and they both stand there awkwardly, not knowing what to say. Corpse makes the first move and steps closer, hands hesitantly reaching out to embrace him. Sykkuno gives in with a sigh and hugs him. They stand there in each other's arms as if they hadn't seen each other in months when in reality, it had only been a day. But it was the agonising pain and exhaustion of the whole 24 hours coming back that made Corpse crumble and cry in his boyfriend's arms.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Sykkuno whispers when he pulls back, the promixity between them too fragile to be speaking loudly.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I was just so pissed for some reason. But that's no excuse for the way I lashed out on you. I'm sorry, I'm just- I don't know. Sykkuno, I'm so sorry-" Corpse garbles.

"Hey, hey. Calm down. It's alright." Sykkuno starts rubbing his hands up and down Corpse's arms, trying to get him to stop crying.

It takes a while though, and Sykkuno starts crying in the midst of it too. He takes him to the balcony to get some fresh air and to breath more freely. They slide to the floor, Corpse resting his back against Sykkuno's chest, his body lying between Sykkuno's legs. Sykkuno rubs his palms in circular motions on his tummy in comfort and they just sit there in silence watching the sun go south.

"Corpse," Sykkuno starts with a heavy voice. "When I was a kid, my mum left. I was like 7, I think. She and my dad got married because her mother insisted. She had me because my dad wanted a baby. And she left her job to take care of me because her mother-in-law told her to. She was bound to get frustrated one day, of everyone telling her what to do. So she left."

Sykkuno chokes up. Corpse notices his hands shaking on his tummy where he was drawing circles. He intertwines their fingers together.

"Only if you're comfortable, Sy." He whispers in reassurance.

Sykkuno nods. "One day when everything got too much for her, she left. And I started making up lies about her departure. Like that one I told in high school when the bullying got a bit much, I told everyone that she was in rehab just so they would sympathise for me and leave me alone. Didn't work for the most part but at least it hid the fact that I wasn't enough to make her stay."

"Hey," Corpse turns around in his arms to wipe Sykkuno's tears away. "You know it wasn't your fault that she left, right? She was just a little... free spirited."

"Yeah, no, yeah. I know." Sykkuno nods vigorously. "She wanted to be independent. I get that."

Sykkuno breathes a little; he takes a pause to collect his thoughts together. So when he speaks next, he doesn't shed a tear.

"I went to my dad's. He's... not the nicest person in the world. Growing up with him wasn't the best, for sure. He had his highs and lows, more lows than highs but, yeah." Sykkuno shrugs. "I asked him if he has any contact with mum. He said he doesn't, and proceeded to tell at me. So I came back. Corpse, she hasn't ever tried contacting me. She doesn't want a connection with me. It wasn't just the independence that she wanted. She wanted to get rid of me, too."

Sykkuno keeps nodding, as if accepting his defeat. Corpse opens his arms and Sykkuno accepts the bear hug. He keeps him warm in his embrace in the slight evening chill out on the balcony.

"Stupid woman, that one. Who wouldn't want you." Corpse says after a while, making Sykkuno giggle.

They sit in the balcony till the stars come out. Both decide on ordering take out and stay cuddled up there on the floor. They only get up to pay the delivery guy and get beer and blankets, hitching up a small tent like thing in the balcony and cuddling inside.

When both of them lose their breathes in each other, open mouthed kisses being planted on each other's sweaty chests, grunts and moans filling up the night sky, both panting for more as they reach their climax, they know one thing for sure, neither is ever leaving the other's side.

So when Sykkuno lies on Corpse's heaving chest, drawing small figures on his skin he says, "maybe we're just two broken souls in this world that fit perfectly," Corpse kisses his lips, sealing their broken souls together.

:)

thank u for 13k >•<

one more chapter + epilogue + a bonus chapter left :D

I have another set of exams coming so I may not update for a week but I'll try my best!

hope you enjoyed the chapter. votes and comments are really appreciated :)

whole lotta love

xx r