05

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

August 31 1993

  The next morning when Y/N had woken up she was disappointed to see that the dog had disappeared. She was confused since her door was closed and even resorted to accusing her parents of kicking him out. After a while she calmed down, Harry had been in a much better mood than last night, though he did wish that he didn't have to see the Dursley's house through the window.

Mr. and Mrs. Rendall were incredibly welcoming to Harry, he was now able to do his summer school work without having to sneak around from the Dursley's and didn't have to do chores at all. Y/N had her fair share of chores that she'd always have to do like folding the laundry, or putting away the dishes. It wasn't much but just enough so that she wasn't a couch potato as he parents called it. Harry however offered continuously that he could help which resulted in a mini argument between him and Y/N.

"No! You're a guest I'm not letting you wash the dishes!"  Y/N said as she held a plate in one hand and the soapy sponge in the other.

"I feel useless! I've been here for almost a week and haven't done anything but eat, and sleep" Harry argued trying to grab the sponge from Y/N.

"And!? You should be happy about that!"  Y/N said moving the sponge away from Harry.

"Just let me!" Harry said trying to snatch the sponge again.

"No!" Y/N said. 

There was a loud cracking noise. Y/N and Harry looked at each other with wide eyes to see the plate on the floor, broken. 

"What happened?" Mrs. Rendall said walking down the stairs.

"Fuck, uh nothing" Y/N said with a nervous laugh as she shoved the plate pieces under the sink with her foot.

"Language" Mrs. Rendall said glaring at Y/N. Y/N rolled her eyes mumbling a 'sorry'. Her mother walked back up the stairs and Y/N turned around to see Harry crouched on the floor scooping up the broken plate.

"Oi! I said don't do stuff" Y/N protested. 

"Too late" Harry said with a small smirk throwing away the broken plate. Y/N rolled her eyes and went back to finish washing the dishes.

Aside from that Harry and Y/N spent the majority of their time playing muggle games since they could not use magic. Harry had even made breakfast once earning a glare from Y/N who more than anything just wanted Harry to relax for once in his life.

"Hurry the fuck up Harry" Y/N said standing in front of his door tapping her floor with impatience. "We're already 10 minutes behind sched- Finally" she said when Harry opened the door and  stepped out of the room.

"Schedules are stupid" Harry said tucking his wand into his pocket. 

"They're actually quite functional" Y/N said rolling her eyes. "Let's go"

Harry and Y/N walk out to the front of the house. 

"How exactly are we getting there?" Harry asks. Y/N takes out her wand holding it up in the air. In a matter of seconds a giant triple decker purple bus drives up in front of them. 

"Like this"  says tucking away her wand. A tall thing man popped his head out.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for a stranded witch or wizard. Just stick out your wand hand, step on board and we can take you anywhere you want to go. My name is Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor this morning"